2017~2024 CX-5 Info switch/button doesn't work

:
2020 CX-5 GT AWD
I discovered this morning that the info switch ( some of you are calling it info button) does not cycle through trip A, trip B, and all the other options anymore. It got stuck to the oil change info and I do not know what the problem is. I was at the gas station and every time I refuel I reset the mpg on both trips, A and B. Well, I could not do it this morning because the info switch/button wasn't changing anything. It feels the same, when I press it, doesn't seem to be stuck or anything. Any ideas? Thanks.

I had to access the hidden menu, clear all the battery data. Then disconnected the battery, wait for few minutes and then reconnect it. Problem solved. The info switch/info button works again as advertised.

Engine shut off, ACC on. Press and hold at the same time Favourite + Music + Mute buttons. I believe the correct name is diagnostic menu.

Engine shut off, ACC on. Press and hold at the same time Favourite + Music + Mute buttons. I believe the correct name is diagnostic menu.
Yes that is the same diagnostic menu that I use each time I upgrade the firmware on the Infotainment system. This is the wording from Mazda on how to access that menu:

"Press and hold the Volume/Mute button, then press and hold the Music and Favorite buttons at the same time for 3-5 seconds and the Diagnostic Test Screen will appear."

I was not aware other systems in the vehicle were associated with that screen.

Back