CX-5 Cargo Mat

Studio13

:
2014 CX-5 GT
Hi all,

I am trying to find a good cargo mat for my cx-5 that is similar to this one.

http://www.partsformymazda.com/product/Cargo-Tray/328474/

I will be moving a fair bit of equipment in and out and I'd love a rigid mat that also protected the back of the seats as I will be putting gear on top of them.

I have looked at the soft liner but I'm not completely sold on its appearance and with some of the bigger cases I move I fear it may not protect enough.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

John

Hi all,

I am trying to find a good cargo mat for my cx-5 that is similar to this one.

http://www.partsformymazda.com/product/Cargo-Tray/328474/

I will be moving a fair bit of equipment in and out and I'd love a rigid mat that also protected the back of the seats as I will be putting gear on top of them.

I have looked at the soft liner but I'm not completely sold on its appearance and with some of the bigger cases I move I fear it may not protect enough.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

John

The OEM Mazda one is really thick grippy rubber and even can hold a good amount of water that leaks from your cargo. Most people here have it as its is better than other brands and cheaper too.

Edit I just saw you want one for the back of the seats too. Not sure I've seen one like that for our cars yet.

I have the rubber OEM mat, you get get it right from the dealer. I think its very well made, and fits perfectly. Price is competitive to after market custom mats, plus it has nice CX-5 logo.

Edit I just saw you want one for the back of the seats too. Not sure I've seen one like that for our cars yet.
That's the one I want too...If it exists
I have the cargo tray, and am contemplating the soft cargo cover for underneath it 'cause it covers the backs of the back seats. Love the cargo tray, but would love to have the backs of the seats covered as well.
If you find one, let me know!

I'm thinking there is not such thing. Trying to decide with I want to get the soft liner and use the rubber liner on top or try to build a full rubber one

I've never see. One to cover seat backs. My plan is to keep an old blanket in with the spare tire. When I fold the seats down and something dirty needs to go back there I can throw the blanket over.

I've never see. One to cover seat backs. My plan is to keep an old blanket in with the spare tire. When I fold the seats down and something dirty needs to go back there I can throw the blanket over.

Yep, that's what I do. For really messy things I have a plastic tarp to put over it.

These are hard plastic like you want, and made in the USA!

http://www.weathertech.com/mazda/2013/CX-5/

The seat backs are really durable so far. I have moved a few pieces of furniture (desk, chairs, etc.) in mine with no rips or tears yet. I am not nice about it and pick up the front either, I just throw it in and slide it across the seat back.

Last edited:
Well darn: I was sure I'd seen some place advertising a heavy (rubber-ish) matting, that did somehow protect the backs of the back seat when they were dropped. The material on those backs (and in the rear cargo area) is the only chintzy thing I've found on the car, and they do feel as if they would tear easily. I've got a mad 110-pound Rottweiler who doesn't like being left behind but I don't ant her claws tearing up my car, either.

Hi Studio 13. Did you happen to buy a cargo mat or a cargo tray? If youdid , did you go with OEM or something else. Tougher to find one here in Canada.

I saw one that covered the back area including the seat backs I believe on AutoAnything but it was for carrying dogs not cargo and it wasn't rubber.

I kinda made my own from an $18 indoor/outdoor rug from Costco, some glue, and some velcro... to protect my car when my bandmates "help" me load/unload equipment. (Had one gig with the CX-5 and my bass player somehow dinged the paint in the bumper when "helping" to unload :\ ) Mat1.jpgMat2.jpgMat3.jpgMat4.jpgMat5.jpg

Latest posts

Back