Cx-5 2017 ac

True, but in the GTI I can leave it open and not feel the sun balking on me. It’s quite nice actually. I’m thinking of seeing if my tint guy can put some of the clear heat blocking film on the sunroof in the CX-5.

Wasn't aware GTI came with pre-tinted sunroof glass

I dunno. Since this topic started I've been reading to notice this "compressor backing off at full throttle" in my CX-5 at WOT and I do not notice this happening.

(iagree) - better overall :D

Yea it kinda depends on what you’re looking at. The Tiguan has its strengths but it’s the B cycle 2.0T and that 8 speed Asin is just meh imo. So powertrain is CX-5 here. Also the Tiguan is a bit soft on damping.

Infotainment hands down Tiguan wins.

Yea it kinda depends on what you’re looking at. The Tiguan has its strengths but it’s the B cycle 2.0T and that 8 speed Asin is just meh imo. So powertrain is CX-5 here. Also the Tiguan is a bit soft on damping.

Infotainment hands down Tiguan wins.

Overall value. Here you need to add options to get everything

I dunno. Since this topic started I've been reading to notice this "compressor backing off at full throttle" in my CX-5 at WOT and I do not notice this happening.

It is normal. All power diverted to full throttle.

It is normal. All power diverted to full throttle.
I guess I'll believe you as a person I trust but I can feel no difference in AC when I'm stepping on it. So whatever they did (in 16 anyway), this isn't noticeable.

I guess I'll believe you as a person I trust but I can feel no difference in AC when I'm stepping on it. So whatever they did (in 16 anyway), this isn't noticeable.

You won't notice anything under normal conditions. You would need to go flat out for a sustained period

There is absolutely nothing in the notes regarding AC or engine control that says the AC is suppressed under full power. Frankly, I don’t believe it.

Notes won't tell. It's an unwritten thing that's been going on for years. Read various publications reviews in the past that have mentioned it. Anyway most owners won't ever experience it as in maximum throttle and acceleration for vast period of time, so no need to worry.

Anyway back on topic. Wonder if the OP got their problem resolved (uhm)

Because the coil is still cool. It doesn't heat up instantly. Stay on it for a 0-130mph run though and I bet you feel the cooling taper a bit.

Notes won't tell. It's an unwritten thing that's been going on for years. Read various publications reviews in the past that have mentioned it. Anyway most owners won't ever experience it as in maximum throttle and acceleration for vast period of time, so no need to worry.

I do know that manually turning the A/C off made my 2001 Trans Am a wee bit faster. A modded Camaro and I faced off from a roll. They walked me by 1 car. Second go, I turned AC off manually, and I pulled them ever so slightly. Sure, anything can happen on the street, but I found it interesting and likely an indicator of the AC manually being off as superior for all-out mostest powa!

Ac seems very cold in my 2017. It was 114 yesterday and I manually set it to 65 degrees and at speed 4, after about 10 minutes I had to turn it down, eventually to speed 2 by time I got home. I tend to set it manually more than I use auto climate feature. I did noticed the air isn't as strong after I changed the cabin filter, maybe I got one that's too thick or whatever.

There is absolutely nothing in the notes regarding AC or engine control that says the AC is suppressed under full power. Frankly, I dont believe it.

You are correct, Anchorman. It is simply an urban legend, AKA bulls***.

You are correct, Anchorman. It is simply an urban legend, AKA bulls***.
It really doesn't make a lot of sense. So is it because of the drag the compressor applies to the belt? Is that the theory? Serious question.

I have had many Mazda's where the A/C compressor clutch is disengaged at WOT. I do not find it strange at all, just gives you less parasitic drag on the motor. Especially noticeable when you have a motor w/ around 100hp. If you are still WOT when A/C re-engages, you can certainly feel it.

There is even an error code for when the WAC system is malfunctioning...

P1460 MAZDA - Wide Open Throttle Air Conditioning Cutoff Circuit Malfunction

Last edited:
Back