Cx-5 2017 ac

I have a 2018 GT, and have found that the auto setting does a poor job when the exterior temperature is at or below the set temperature (which happens more often than you would think), especially with the sun hitting the interior. If it is hot outside, say above 80F then it seems to work pretty well. The heat seems to work fine.

I have to say I don't use climate control that much in winter but definately gets a work out in summer.

That would be cool but probably expensive to implement vs how they do it now.

Some cars let fresh air flow independently thru the outboard dash vents on demand. At least my old Honda did. Simple.

Retraction: my temp gauge was off by 6 today. So much for mine is usually close.

Some cars let fresh air flow independently thru the outboard dash vents on demand. At least my old Honda did. Simple.

I was thinking heating and cooling but just fresh air maybe not so complicated. Probably similar to dual zone. I usually just crack the sunroof open in the vent position.

I primarily have my climate control off during the year. Only use it when needed

2018. It cools down really fast and does have the dual zone auto system. My ‘08 Golf was good but not as good as this one. The ST also had a really good AC system on par with the GTI.

Read a comparison once between Mazda 3 and VW Golf and they did remark that the climate control system in the 3 was much better in keeping the 3 cooler than the Golf.

Read a comparison once between Mazda 3 and VW Golf and they did remark that the climate control system in the 3 was much better in keeping the 3 cooler than the Golf.

Not in my experience compared with the CX-5 but maybe not all Golfs are equal as there are a lot of versions. Our CX-5 glass also lets a lot more heat in especially through the sunroof.

I also wonder if OP is going deep enough into throttle to cause it to disable the compressor a lot. That could effect it. This happens often enough in the CX-5 when you need to accelerate. There is enough head room in the power on the GTI that I don’t think that has ever happened to me in normal driving. The 2.5T would certainly help with that.

Not in my experience compared with the CX-5 but maybe not all Golfs are equal as there are a lot of versions. Our CX-5 glass also lets a lot more heat in especially through the sunroof.

I also wonder if OP is going deep enough into throttle to cause it to disable the compressor a lot. That could effect it. This happens often enough in the CX-5 when you need to accelerate. There is enough head room in the power on the GTI that I don’t think that has ever happened to me in normal driving. The 2.5T would certainly help with that.

Closing the sunshade should negate some of the heat entering via the sunroof.

As for glass area, side and rear windows are tinted and I have a full screen sunshade for the windscreen which makes a difference

Closing the sunshade should negate some of the heat entering via the sunroof.

True, but in the GTI I can leave it open and not feel the sun balking on me. It’s quite nice actually. I’m thinking of seeing if my tint guy can put some of the clear heat blocking film on the sunroof in the CX-5.

Latest posts

Back