Custom lower grille?

A box fell off the back of a truck on the way to work today, and smashed my lower grille. I want to get a replacement, but I was thinking I'd like a custom one instead. I'm not sure if anyone makes what I'm looking for, but basically, it would be like the older Sport20 front end, with those two (One would be fine) lateral bars instead of the honeycomb that is there presently... Anyhoo, I'll try and make a picture of what I'm talking about, so you get the idea. Any leads would be much appreciated. Thanks. =)

Here's a picture of what I had in mind... The blocks at the four corners are the guide pins, and the three in the middle are the clips that hold the grille in place. The bar running the length is what I had in mind; It simplifies the grille, sort of, and looks pretty decent in my head. ;) Let me know what you all think.

i just removed the grill and shaved off all the prongs n things.

cleaner look imo

i would, but then people would just see my radiator :(

radiators arent very interesting

Yeah, I'm in the process of removing the prongs, and am going to try to mold something into the stock bar, so I can get the effect I'm going for. Unfortunatly, all the clips and whatnot are broken on the back, too, due to how the box hit the grille. =/

It sure as hell does suck! Rrr... Well, bump... Any vendors want to make this for me? =) I can send you my old, busted up one if you want! Heh.

No, damnit! I was pissed, too! No fruit for the damages. =( I was hoping it at LEAST had a turbo kit in it. Hell, even just a turbo! Ahh, well... No such luck. It was a tomato box, too; One of the really hard, corregated ones. Gah. =/

flat_black said:
No, damnit! I was pissed, too! No fruit for the damages. =( I was hoping it at LEAST had a turbo kit in it. Hell, even just a turbo! Ahh, well... No such luck. It was a tomato box, too; One of the really hard, corregated ones. Gah. =/
Damn too bad. I know sometimes stuff that "falls of the back of a truck" can include TVs and stereos, hell maybe even some fireworks would have been worth it.

flat_black said:
I had the same thing happen to me once... except is was empty coke cans! I swear it seemed like there was someone in the back of the truck just tossing them out. Anyway, they were coming at the windshield. I was dodging them left and right... like a slalom(sp?). All this at 75-80mph! Gotta love our handling!
Anyway, luckly I was able to avoid damage. I finally passed the dude yelling at him! lol

Dave

I just dropped 03MSP-Brian a PM, so if he wants to check it out, that'd be cool. =) I don't think I've ever seen him do any work other than metal fabrication ever, but if he's willing to try, I'm up for it!

flat_black said:
I just dropped 03MSP-Brian a PM, so if he wants to check it out, that'd be cool. =) I don't think I've ever seen him do any work other than metal fabrication ever, but if he's willing to try, I'm up for it!
ditto :p

Woo hoo! Nothing like a high speed slalom on your way to work to wake you up in the morning. ;) Damn. Hehee.

By the way, thanks Jen (Mazdaspeedchick). =)

flat_black said:
Woo hoo! Nothing like a high speed slalom on your way to work to wake you up in the morning. ;) Damn. Hehee.

By the way, thanks Jen (Mazdaspeedchick). =)
Got your PM's...

We could definitely "attempt" to make something here. However, demand has to be high. It seems that the RRK and LSERIES, though unique and would work for a "few" people, still hasn't driven it into production.

If you can get a demand on doing this, then we will gladly assist.

- Brian

Alright, cool. =) I'll see what I can get... Anyone out there who's decent with Photoshop feel like taking a crack at it for a 'demo picture'? I'm alright, but something like this is a little more than I've done before, really.

More people will be interested if we can provide them with preliminary pictures, for sure. *nods* I'll start up a gauging interest thread once I have a good mock-up going. Thanks, Brian. =)

yeah, i had the same problem the second week I had my car. There was a HUGE piece of cardboard in the road(the ones they ship refrigerators in) and the car in front of me ran over it. I thought we would all just drive over it, but it kicked up in front of me and smashed the s*** out of the lower grill.

Luckily a local P5 guy with an MSP bumper/lip let me have his old one :D
Very simple fix(thumb)

Back