Custom Enclosures

Natey am I going crazy or have you always had a white car? I coulda sworn you had a silver.

Any more people with dual subs?

1sty said:
The screws in the bueaty board:
- Remove the screws
- Slice the carpet with a 1" cut through the screw holes center.
- Pull back the carpet
- Screw the screws back in
- Spray the opening of the carpet and now screw head and uncovered wood with spray adhesiive
- Let the adhesive set for a few minutes
- lay the carpet back neatly to hide the small seem

Now your screws are hidden (cool)

It's a pain in the ass to remove everytime I want it out. Especially when summer comes and autox is held every friday nights.

not a mazda but still an enclosure.

sub69.jpg

anarchistchiken said:
Natey am I going crazy or have you always had a white car? I coulda sworn you had a silver.

Hehe, I bought the enclosure from sport20. That's his pic. I don't have one of it in my car yet because...well, it's been a long, ulgy journey finding an amp.
Hopefully, by next week, it'll be painted and in though!

Got my amp from ProtegeGurly today...it's broken.
So far I'm up to $550 I've spent on JL 500/1s that either didn't work or never got shipped.
$550 and about 6 months of no bass. I'm about thisclose to giving it up and putting in a ******* Basslink like I used to have. :'(

[/whine session]

see how much to get it repaired I guess, or see if you can get ahold of JL and work something out with them (send that one in and they send you a refurb)

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Anyone have pointers on how to make these things? I'd like to do my own, but I've never made a fiberglass piece before(besides patching a surfboard dent) I just want a single sub to one side of my trunk. I'm particularly curious about how you secure the fiberlgass to the car.

Everyone's setups look very nice btw.

peepsalot said:
Anyone have pointers on how to make these things? I'd like to do my own, but I've never made a fiberglass piece before(besides patching a surfboard dent) I just want a single sub to one side of my trunk. I'm particularly curious about how you secure the fiberlgass to the car.

Everyone's setups look very nice btw.

There are a few how to style files here on sub boxes. Also, look for my kick panel how to. It utalizes bascily the same technique.

Natey said:
Got my amp from ProtegeGurly today...it's broken.
So far I'm up to $550 I've spent on JL 500/1s that either didn't work or never got shipped.
$550 and about 6 months of no bass. I'm about thisclose to giving it up and putting in a ******* Basslink like I used to have. :'(

[/whine session]

HOw do you know its broken for sure? Whats it doing or not doing more importantly.
Jl amps have several safe guards inplace to protect themselves so something else in the sysem may be messed up.

Has she responded to you about it being damaged?

Yes, she's being as cool as possible under the circumstances. I'm gonna send the amp back to UPS and hopefully, they'll refund my money to her, and hopefully again, she'll send it back to me. (I wonder how long that process will take.)
I can tell it's broken by the sound of something loose inside it, either rolling or sliding around. It sounds like a Hot-Wheels rolling around inside the amp.

Natey, you said your enclosure was from a sp20? Does that mean that it is commercially available, and if so, where and how much?

hmm, i reread your post and now i think that you bought it from a user with the name sport20...damn

Latest posts

Back