Cruise Control.....

K

<kingvitamin>

Has anyone had cruise control installed on their MP3? With all the bells and whistles that this car came with, I am shocked that cruise wasn't included. Don't get me wrong, I like driving the car without it on occasion ;) but I had to drive it from Jacksonville, FL to Columbus, OH and It got a little cumbersome. I called the local Mazda dealer, and they told me that there is no kit that would fit the car "yet". Just wondering if anyone had an aftermarket Cruise put on? Thanks in advance.

I had the dealer install cruise control before i took delivery of the car. they had no factory parts that would fit it, so they took it to an aftermarket shop nearby and had it installed. because of the time i spend on the highway, i had to have it. i love it. it's a stalk type control they installed under the turn signal. it's not too bad.

I called mazda a couple months ago and they said it would be mid 2002 before they came out with cruise control.

Kat

I had the dealer install cruise control before i took delivery of the car. they had no factory parts that would fit it, so they took it to an aftermarket shop nearby and had it installed. because of the time i spend on the highway, i had to have it. i love it. it's a stalk type control they installed under the turn signal. it's not too bad.
Can you please tell me what brand it is? Also, does it work good, do you have pix? Thanks!!

My Protege5 has cruise control and I have a 5 spd. Can't they just install that system?

yeah, I saw a p5 steering wheel (same design) and it had CC...looks like it would be pretty simple. :confused:

Yeah, I don't see why a P5's wouldn't work. I'd need to see an MP3 up close and do a side-by -side comparo to see what's needed.

So does the Mazda P5 have the same motor as the MP3? Sorry if that is a stupid Question but i was going to ask sometime or another. Thanks!!

Hey 3pmadzam,

Where is the main control switch? Isn't there a switch somewhere on the dash you have to push to activate the system?

same motor different chip and exhaust is all I know that is diff. (only 10 hp difference)

Tight,

sorry, i have no idea what kind it is. but it does its job well. as soon as i can get my hands on a digital camera again i'll attempt to post pics. i'll try to find my paper work over the weekend, but i think i got rid of it. sorry i couldn't help you more.

[ 02-22-2002: Message edited by: LouisianaMP3 ]

the mazda dealer i bought my mp3 from thought they would just be able to install the same system as the P5, but when they researched it, he said it couldn't be done. i'm thinking he was full of s***, but i don't know enough about it to argue. either way, i was just happy to have cruise.

I am told by my Mazda tech that the problem is that the later Mazda cruise control is interfaced with the ECU. This was on a Miata as I haven't thought to ask about the MP3. I'll do that in a couple of weeks when I see him next.

it goes up to 220 because its kph not mph, they are reversed... :D

Back