CP-e or Corksport Exhaust system ?

So is it worth spending $700 for the corksport catback system. Or should i just buy 2 mufflers and have a shop fab up a 3 inch catback pipe. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Awesome here are some pics of mine..

100_0298.jpg

100_0300.jpg

100_0303.jpg

100_0269-1.jpg

ill have the muffler pics on tuesday, they came out blurry and i gotta retake the pictures..

Awesome that looks really good, I'm excited to get mine and hear it in person. The one thing I'm worried about is i hope it doesn't smoke after i install the exhaust, cause i have seen that a lot of peoples do. But seeing as where both of my cats will still be on i think i should be good.

Thanks for the pics

no problem.. with the cats still there it shouldnt smoke if it does look into getting the PTP fix..mine hasent smoked to date with the downpipe on.. im running 5w-40 oil and the fix..

no problem.. with the cats still there it shouldnt smoke if it does look into getting the PTP fix..mine hasent smoked to date with the downpipe on.. im running 5w-40 oil and the fix..

Ok cool, what PTP fix are you talking about? is it that new pcv system?

Thanks

Well i installed the corksport exhaust and it sounds amazing, i am very happy i bought it. I only had one problem, i had an exhaust leak where the first section meets the cat. So i searched all over the valley for another gasket that was the same size as the one that came with the system, but couldnt find one. My dad is a manager of an autoparts store and he was able to find a cat gasket that would work but wasnt as thick as the one that came with the system. I put them both on together and there was still a tiny exhaust leak, do you think i shouldnt worry about it or should i order 2 3' inch exhaust flange gaskets and put those on and see if that fixes it.

Thanks

well i have the corksport racepipe and i had the same issue.. i just used some muffler cement and put it on both side of that gasket and then bolted it all together.. its working so far.. if it crack's which does happen sometimes im just going to have every flange welded together.

Mine is also leaking at every joint. It's leaking very bad at the race pipe to cat-back exhaust junction. I pulled the entire exhaust (excluding downpipe) a couple weekends ago and tried some silicone gasket sealer on the flange gaskets. It didn't help.

If you have access to a lift, you could probably weld the exhaust together without much problem. The reason I say if you have a lift is because if you were to try to install it as one piece with it just on jackstands you would probably rip your hair out.

My next step in getting it to seal is likely going to be trying to find a thicker gasket. If I cannot find one and/or it doesn't effectively seal the exhaust I'm probably going to go the welded route.

Alright sounds good, i think i will email corksport and see if i can buy a couple gaskets and put 2 in between the cat flange and the first section and see if that works. Im trying to decide what mod to do next, im thinking a forge BPV.

Well i installed the corksport exhaust and it sounds amazing, i am very happy i bought it. I only had one problem, i had an exhaust leak where the first section meets the cat. So i searched all over the valley for another gasket that was the same size as the one that came with the system, but couldnt find one. My dad is a manager of an autoparts store and he was able to find a cat gasket that would work but wasnt as thick as the one that came with the system. I put them both on together and there was still a tiny exhaust leak, do you think i shouldnt worry about it or should i order 2 3' inch exhaust flange gaskets and put those on and see if that fixes it.

Thanks

SU has a few gaskets on their site that I would look at. I had an exhaust leak too so I bought one of the replacement gaskets.

Alright sounds good, i think i will email corksport and see if i can buy a couple gaskets and put 2 in between the cat flange and the first section and see if that works. Im trying to decide what mod to do next, im thinking a forge BPV.

sri/cai?

I talked to Corksport today. They are sending a couple of new gaskets out priority mail at no charge. I should have them Friday. They are interested in seeing some pictures of the flanges. I'll try to post up what I send them here as well so you guys can see.

Jason told me today that if the flanges look warped they'll make it right with me. I don't want to assume what that means at this point.

Don't think it really matters the size of the catback. As long as your exhaust is consistant. The restriction is in the downpipe / midpipe. The stock catback is plenty big. Only benefit of aftermarket catback performance wise is better flowing mufflers.

As long as your downpipe / mid pipe are adequately large you can go with a 2.5 inch catback without worry imo. Just make sure the sizing is consistant in one direction.

so will a 3in DP flange bolt right up to a 2.5in cat back flange???

Interested to see what you find with the flanges Chris.

My SU test pipe is leaking, and the local auto parts stores can't seem to find a gasket that mates between the test pipe/CBE that will hold up in the temps for more than a week or so. Any suggestions?

I'm really thinking come next year of just doing the Corksport RP/CBE combo.

Back