CP-e or Corksport Exhaust system ?

CENTERS77

:
06 Mazdaspeed 6 Sport
hey im having difficulties deciding between the Corksport and the CP-e exhaust system.

it doesnt really matter about price or anything i just want a reliable Exhaust system in my car.

the only reason im asking is because i heard that the Corksport one leaks a lot and im not sure i really want that.

so if anybody could help me out with which one is better that would be great.

i have the corksport...had it for almost 2 years now..installed it myself in my driveway and mine has neva leaked once!...driven daily also through winter...people say its the loudest...it has a very nice rumble to it..i dont think its that loud..we have a noise ordiance law here in mass and i pass state inspections every year so it cant be that loud...ive neva heard the sound of the cp-e in person so i cant say which 1 sounds better but as far as quality goes for, im sure both of them are equal on that...if you kno corksport, there quality is amazing which i kno cp-e is also...good luck on your decision

My friend has the corksport it sounds pretty good and his doesn't leak and cp-e makes pretty good stuff never had a problem about anything I bought from them. Go for what you feel is best.

I have the Corksport system. I love the way it sounds. I do get leaking on the flanges though. The way you can fix or prevent that is by getting a thicker flange gasket or by melding two flange gaskets together with a very high temperature silicone gasket sealer.

The Corksport pieces are quite a bit cheaper, too.

thanks guys for the help ... and i think im gunna go with the corksport because thats the one most ppl have and if i have any problems with it i can ask almost everybody lol.

I've got the Corksport full turboback exhaust. I am so in love with this thing. The sound is amazing throughout the entire RPM range and the gains were like night and day. I will say that the downpipe was a big pain to install but it's all just so worth it.

Anybody go for magnaflow exhaust....thy r cheaper than the both Cpe and the corksport....I am not sure which one should I go...magnaflow good????

The Magnaflow is indeed a cheaper solution. However, many guys looking to be 'heavily modded' will not go after it because of its 2.5" pipes instead of 3". To my knowledge all the downpipe outlets are 3" so you would be hampering yourself in the end.

Don't think it really matters the size of the catback. As long as your exhaust is consistant. The restriction is in the downpipe / midpipe. The stock catback is plenty big. Only benefit of aftermarket catback performance wise is better flowing mufflers.

As long as your downpipe / mid pipe are adequately large you can go with a 2.5 inch catback without worry imo. Just make sure the sizing is consistant in one direction.

Don't think it really matters the size of the catback. As long as your exhaust is consistant. The restriction is in the downpipe / midpipe. The stock catback is plenty big. Only benefit of aftermarket catback performance wise is better flowing mufflers.

As long as your downpipe / mid pipe are adequately large you can go with a 2.5 inch catback without worry imo. Just make sure the sizing is consistant in one direction.

You are correct that most of the restriction is in the downpipe and the catalyst that's in it. You are also partially correct on the size. Yes, you do want the size to be equal throughout. Also, the stock cat-back with exception to the stock mufflers is acceptable for most 2.3 MZR turbo applications. However, for users looking to stretch their powerband a larger diameter turbo back system is necessary. Without increased capacity the engine will choke itself out at higher revs because the stock system cannot exhaust quickly enough.

i have the CPE single catback, it had the mid pipe resonator without the tail muffler.... with a turboxs test pipe, this setup was very loud with, i have since welded a glasspack on the tail end...

My Corksport 3" dual CBE was extremely loud with just a test pipe in. I then purchased the mid-pipe resonator that Corksport calls a "Race Pipe". The sound is not as sharp and harsh, and overall much easier to stand on long trips.

the "race pipe" is that the one that is in place of the cat? did you feel any power differance?

so i see everyone has pretty much said corksport...my buddy had the cpe until he totaled his car last weekend... he liked the cpe and never had any issues, he had no mufflers so it was loud as balls... any downsides for the cpe over the corksport? which one preforms better?

i personaly have the corksport turbo back on my speed3, and it sounds the best out of all the exhausts i have herd. i ran into a guy the other day with the cpe and he said he was mad that he bought it insted of the corksport. in my oppion i think you need to hear them befor you pick one. youtube if you want to hear them. get a computer with good speakers.

and the down pipe was a b**** to install. a lift helps tho.

Latest posts

Back