CorkSports Mazda 2 Dyno

CorkSport

2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Authorized Vendor
:
All Mazdas!
Here is a dyno plot of our CorkSport B-Spec Mazda 2 we did towards the end of last year. We had some people ask about how much power the car is making,. The car at this point had our exhaust with the racepipe, our SRI, and crankshaft pulley.

Mazda2dyno.jpg

1-2-3 Fight! The low power pass was a run we did after the car sat for 10 minutes idling with no dyno fan running.

-Derrick

Interesting. So would you say the lower pass was due entirely to hotter air?

What would you guestimate as a gain over stock? 15ish?

Thanks for this.

I did forget to mention one thing which may or may not matter, the car was on BFG R1 205/55/15s on the rollers.

-Derrick

Here is the dyno with our Mazda 2 completely stock vs our intake to show you the baseline.

Mazda2 stock vs Intake.jpg

So, 97 HP with nothing but an intake and 109 HP with intake and race pipe? I know there are probably differences in the dynos but I think I'm suddenly interested in the race pipe..haha

They are different dynos. The intake dyno was done on a dynojet and top one was done on our dyno dynamics unit with the comparison mode aka dynojet numbers turned on to get a better comparison.

We have the full exhaust with the racepipe installed on the car to get the numbers. I actually think the number would be a little bit higher if the car had street tires installed on it compare to the BFG race rubber.

-Derrick

That makes sense, so they are pretty close.

Hard math says the tires are a 3% loss. It looks like there is some real gains in the exhaust, this is excellent.

Something seems off on your top plot of the B-spec car. According to the plot, you only revved it to 5800-5900, which you might have done for a reason, but HP and TQ cross at 4700RPM with the scale for each being the same so it makes me think that something is off.

Something seems off on your top plot of the B-spec car. According to the plot, you only revved it to 5800-5900, which you might have done for a reason, but HP and TQ cross at 4700RPM with the scale for each being the same so it makes me think that something is off.

I was going to say the same thing. Something up with the ignition pickup?

So when are you guys going to re-introduce the crank pulley? I want one.

Last edited:

I was going to say the same thing. Something up with the ignition pickup?

I missed that!

Torque = HP*RPM/5252

It's impossible to have them match anywhere but 5252. (Really, 33000/2pi). I wonder if the dyno compensation was turned up a bit, and this is where the difference is?

Dynamo-meters actually measure torque -- HP is all a calculation. If the dyno wasn't reading RPM right (i don't see how that is possible), the lines should still cross @ 5252. You can compare the torque curves, and you still see a decent little bump between them.

I think they're measuring it in metric RPM.

trollface.svg

Nice gain, any hp and torque upgrades helps. I still can't believe how much fun the 2 is in the snow, I could never enjoy winter driving in the MS3.

So why did the crank pulley got the axe?

Nice gain, any hp and torque upgrades helps. I still can't believe how much fun the 2 is in the snow, I could never enjoy winter driving in the MS3.

So why did the crank pulley got the axe?

They had issues with them falling apart.

I will see what is up on the dyno plot, I missed that as well when I pulled up the info.

-Derrick

The problem with the pulley is being over torqued which would cause the pulley to deform and stress the welds on the bolts for the trigger rings. This in turn would cause the trigger rings to break loose and create a non-running Mazda 2.

-Derrick

Back