Corksport vs TWM short shifter

blackmsp003

:
2007 Mazdaspeed 3
I'm looking for people's opinions on Corksport's short shifter and TWM's short shifter. I am currently running JBR's short shift adapter and love the difference but would like to go with a true short shifter. I use the car as a daily driver and for the weekend auto-cross when possible.

I have the TWM full replacement shifter in my Gen 1, and I like it. They aren't cheap, though, and I don't know that I'd pay full price for it. I don't see a plain short shifter for the Gen 2 on TWM's website, so you're looking at $500. I also like the adjust-ability of the Corksport piece. It would be nice to shorten the throw while keeping the stock knob height.

That's one of the things I like most about the Corksport is you can adjust the height, as well as the price difference. The JBR shift plate is great but I feel like there is still a lot of slop left, that I would like to clean up. That's one of the things that has me leaning toward the TWM is it's a full replacement and my concern with the Corksport is that it still wouldn't clean that up.

Last edited:
Back