Corksport lowering springs interest thread

Found a pic on the net of a lowered CX5 on HR springs... I dont have info on wheel specs or anything but the ride sure looks sweet, just taught I would post for anyone interested.

hrloweredcx5.jpg

Last edited:
Found a pic on the net of a lowered CX5 on HR springs... I have info on wheel specs or anything but the ride sure looks sweet, just taught I would post for anyone interested.

hrloweredcx5.jpg

Wow, that look's nice. Any info if it AWD or FWD ? And can you share the wheel specs please.

Considering that the H&R springs are on back order, we might as well just encourage everyone to sign up on this thread instead to get the Corksport springs going.

That stance looks good to me. Even wheel gap all the way around the wheel. Not slammed but a proper stance.

Those wheels look pretty damn good too.

Thanks for posting that pic.

That stance looks good to me. Even wheel gap all the way around the wheel. Not slammed but a proper stance.

Those wheels look pretty damn good too.

Thanks for posting that pic.

+1

Are those 22s? The sidewall looks pretty short.

Gotta be 22's. Those are huge. I've got no interest in that though they dwarf the brakes and probably weigh a lot. 155hp and 22" rims = slooooow among other negative's. Gimme a drop on some 18" RPF1's and i'll be happy.

Hey, you can't steal my idea! well, I guess its alright since yours is a different color than mine hehe. (drinks)

Gotta have a light weight wheel for it. And it don't get much better or cheaper than rpf1's. And i like they're generic look too.

Who's interested in lowering springs for their CX-5? Lets give Corksport an idea of how many people on this forum are after lowering springs. I myself am interested and i feel there is a market for parts for this platform and would like to see Corksport get ahead of the curve and make some parts.

The big question is how low will you go. I've read enough on here to know that the popular consensus seems to be somewhere around 1.5"-2" in the front and a tad more in the back. Either way, i think we can all agree this platform needs a drop. But a modest drop that won't kill the ride or bottom out on bumps when towing or hauling the family around. So copy paste the list in your post if your interested.

1. Mistersix
2. Exspeedaway
3. Sthio
4. beejaa
5. Jcanracer
6. pt00323i
7. awmenard
8. fredbuteau
9. redline3104
10. da5id
11. OneOWonder

i am interested - include me

any word on these lowering springs? we have a decent amount of memebers who want these and i'm sure there are more out there

Either way, i think we can all agree this platform needs a drop. But a modest drop that won't kill the ride or bottom out on bumps when towing or hauling the family around.

I don't get it. I chose the CX-5 in part for it's generous suspension travel and ground clearance. Any automotive engineer can tell you Mazda could have saved money by giving us less ground clearance and less suspension travel to begin with. But then the ride suffers and the car loses it's advantage when it comes to crossing flooded steets or washes. Also it's abilty to get through washouts, mudslides and abrupt driveways. I have to assume you all live where snow doesn't happen and heavy rain is an unknown concept. I can't count the number of times I've had to shovel the deeper parts of a snowdrift just to get where I was going (not to mention a long driveway). Loosing even 1 1/2" of ground clearance would dramatically lengthen the amount of roadway I would need to shovel just to get where I was going. I guess there are never any floods or creeks that spill over onto the roadway in some parts of the world? I once wasted an entire day because my friends Saab sucked water and totalled the engine in a measly 5" of flood water. Granted, even a lowered CX-5 could have got through under those circumstances but who knows how deep the flood water is? It's generally hard to tell where the deepest part is.

If there was a medical emergency in these conditions I would want to get through even more. Yes, I have a F-150 4x4 that could go even deeper than the CX-5 but who knows which vehicle I'll be in when I need it? The F-150 only gets 18 mpg. I guess I don't get why someone would pay extra for generous ground clearance and excellent suspension travel and then pay more yet to get rid of these advantages. If it comes down to cornering performance then why did you buy a crossover SUV? And if it comes down to looks, why didn't you get a car that was lower to begin with? It's your car and your money so do what you want, I just have to wonder why anyone would want to.

I don't get it. I chose the CX-5 in part for it's generous suspension travel and ground clearance.

I was figuring "i think we can all agree this platform needs a drop" meant all that want it lowered can agree that it needs a drop. Otherwise I'd say it is a small percentage that want it dropped.

The ground clearance was a huge factor in my choosing the CX5.

There are plenty of lower riding options available but what peaked my interest was getting the ride height and good mpg and good handling.

To each their own but to me it is a bit like buying a Miata and then going "this thing needs a lift kit"

I wanted a wagon, but all my options were either over priced or ugly (Subaru Forester & VW Jetta wagon), and the wife said the Skyactiv Mazda3 was too small for future baby hauling. I actually didn't want an SUV, but this was the least suv-like vehicle that my wife and family approved of me buying. I want a lower ride height for easier kayak loading on the roof rack, better hwy fuel economy, and style... in that order of descending importance.

Plus I live in Florida, if the water is deep enough for 2" drop to make a difference I shouldn't be driving through it!

I actually wanted only a compact SUV when I bought CX-5, because my other 2 vehicles are compact sports sedans (of which one is lowered 1" on OEM tuner springs w/staggered 19's).

I do agree that the CX-5 would look better lowered, but I plan to not modify suspension and lose ride quality, visibility in traffic and ground clearance in order to look better.

Back