Corksport LED fog light

this is their led bulb, whats the beam/pattern, or effectiveness of this bulb on the actual ground?

Looks great, Dan!

Has anyone ever fooled with the wiring so the fog lights can run independent of the headlights? It would nice if we could pull the plug on the DRLs as well (on non-xenon models) without sacrificing the high beams...

Looks great, Dan!

Has anyone ever fooled with the wiring so the fog lights can run independent of the headlights? It would nice if we could pull the plug on the DRLs as well (on non-xenon models) without sacrificing the high beams...

previous generation mazdas have a way to do this, my 05 mz3 does for sure. just no one has figured it out based on a wiriing diagram yet.

BRON, it is possible to kill the DRL's without killing the high beams on the non-xenon headlights. It's listed in the service manual, and I don't remember it right off as it's a somewhat complex series of hitting switches. I'll try to find the printout that I have and attach it. That was my first mod!

Edit: found it.

DRLprocedure.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. Where did you find that information? We may discover some "hidden" customization we'd be able to do ourselves.

It's in the service manual. There are a bunch of customization entries in there if you dig. Most don't work for me since I have a Sport with the manual, but then I'm not having any of the issues either!

Not to hijack the thread... but is there anything in the service manual where you can turn on the halos with the DRL on the GT model?

BRON, it is possible to kill the DRL's without killing the high beams on the non-xenon headlights. It's listed in the service manual, and I don't remember it right off as it's a somewhat complex series of hitting switches. I'll try to find the printout that I have and attach it. That was my first mod!

Edit: found it.

DRLprocedure.jpg

This is an incredible discovery - thank you, tvanryn! Looks a lot like applying cheat codes on an Xbox LOL. I'll give this a shot during my lunch break.

Edit 1: Found a copy of the service manual: http://forum.***************/mazda-...a6-service-manual-repair-cd-rom-workshop.html

Edit 2: Gentlemen... it worked. No pictures yet as I did not have my phone on me.

Last edited:
previous generation mazdas have a way to do this, my 05 mz3 does for sure. just no one has figured it out based on a wiriing diagram yet.

I browsed through the service manual, hoping to discover a cheat code where I can run the fogs independent of the low beams. Sadly there was no result. biking4jesus, what did you do to make that modification on your 3? Perhaps the wiring procedure will generally be the same here in the 6.

I know! 30 lives added. (Contra reference for those of you born after NES!)

This guy grew up with SUPER NES... close enough!

Last edited:
Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A select start!

Last edited:
Yeah, I got the OEM's when I bought the car. I was just thinking it would be nice to get a little more light from them, but I'm not complaining too much as my last car (DA Integra) had the weakest headlights ever!

Latest posts

Back