Confort question

Macadonious

:
Maxda3
I am 5"10.5" tall and about 167lbs. I have noticed that the way the console is designed in the M3 that my knee hits it and I feel rather cramped. Has anyone els experianced this situation. Also, even though it is a comfortable ride, it feels like you are just not sitting in the right place.

werd. I had the same problem. And I'm 5'2, i just had to adjust the steering wheel.abnd seat a bit.Yes I'm short, standin up. Lying downs another story.lol

This is a Mazda forum.

M3=Mazda3 sedan

Thought I banished the M3 police a couple of weeks ago:rolleyes:

Dre said:
I'm 5'10" 165lbs. I have absolutely no problem. Adjust the seat and steering wheel.

I know to adjust all the following, but it just feels off and a little cramped where my legs are.

I'm 6'6" with a 38.5" inseam (really freakishly long legs) and I felt quite comfortable during my test drive. Much better than my '98 Accord. Maybe your particular leg length puts your knee in an uncomfortable position, while people with longer or shorter legs are okay. *shrug*

I'm 6'0", with a long torso. One of my big complaints is that I canNOT get comfortable in this car. Granted, I typically spend 3 hours or more in it per day. My "sore spots" from rubbing are the outside of my right knee where it rubs the console, and my left elbow where it sits on the windowsill. I try shifiting around, the wheel is all the way out and all the way down (not nearly enough of either...). I know I'll get used to it, but its gonna be a long 3-4 years before I'm not upside-down on it, and can get rid of it.
Problems so far (at 2k miles on the odo) are: airbag light keeps coming on intermittently, steering wheel was not centered on delivery plus car pulls to the left (even after a visit to the dealer), and the air recirulator button doesn't work. Gonna go visit the dealer this week, I guess. I have had the car for about 6-8 weeks, and have yet to see another one on the road (I live between Dayton and Cinti, OH), which is nice. Also, I love the color of my Mica Black in the sun. The glitter in the clearcoat is great. Oh, another negative is the MPG which is somewhere around 23 for a 2.3l hatchback. I expected more. I got 25 avg with my 160hp V6 Camry with 155k on its odo....

3Zoom3 said:

Problems so far (at 2k miles on the odo) are: airbag light keeps coming on intermittently ...

http://www.mazdaiii.com/vbb230/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47551

Oh, another negative is the MPG which is somewhere around 23 for a 2.3l hatchback. I expected more. I got 25 avg with my 160hp V6 Camry with 155k on its odo....

The specs sheet for the 3 said that it would get abour 23MPG highway and 18MPG city. You can't really complain about it if you knew about it; unless you didn't read the specs? ;)

Oh, so have you talked to your therapist about your inability to say "I was wrong"???? Your math must suck worse than mine does...
Linkie no workie, boooyyyyyy.

Ohhhh, I see! The 5-spd specs that state: 25/32. Yeah. Thats much closer to 18/23....
Buhdeeee buhdeeee buhdeeeee duhhhhhhhh.
Do you always spend your Sundays in drunken stupor?

Hey fucknut! I wasn't trying to be an asshole. I was merely trying to help. Get you head out of your ass. I'm sorry the link doesn't work. Will you ever forgive me, oh great one? (sarcastic)

According to Mazda.ca, the 2.3L (GT) does

City - 9.2L/100kms (5MT) | 9.8L/100kms (4AT)
Highway - 6.7L/100kms (5MT) | 7.5L/100kms (4AT)

That would mean, according to mathematicians all over the world:

City - 25.56MPG (5MT) | 24.0MPG (4AT)
Highway - 35.10MPG (5MT) | 31.36MPG (4AT)

Have a look at this site if you feel like educating yourself a little: http://www.wjaeger.de/tdi/convert.xls

I never said I wasn't wrong. As a matter of fact, my calculations were off; and I have no problem saying it.

What's with the "youknowwhatImsayin' yo" s***? :confused:

In case you're interested, I have nearly 4,000kms on mine. I average 9.1L/100kms which is roughly 25.85MPG. Give it time, it will get better. Oh, and if you're complaining for one lousy mile per gallon, you must really have nothing better to do.

Have a nice day.

Back