compression test

well finished most of it today. i came across a coupple problems. first the little grommet/orings that keep the injectors from moving around are torn. lower coolant hose has a pinsize hole. forgot 23mm socket to fill up on tranny fluid. dog chewed up silicone hose for intake. so car will have to wait till i get everything to start it up.

ok i have a problem, on the harness that goes to the power side of the battery there is a gray plug with 2 wires. one is green and the other is gray. anyone know where it plugs into?

dominoy2k1 said:
ok i have a problem, on the harness that goes to the power side of the battery there is a gray plug with 2 wires. one is green and the other is gray. anyone know where it plugs into?

Isnt that the one that goes to the starter? Is it big?

couldnt get any before i left houston. let me see if i can my brother to take some pics of it.

LinuxRacr said:

hmm starter you say. the car started up without the plug beigned connected its a small harness.

igdrasil said:
Isnt that the one that goes to the starter? Is it big?

finally got some pics.

Attachments

• harness copy.jpg
    harness copy.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 148
  • harness2copy.jpg
    harness2copy.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 142
nope not the egr. anyone else? guess tomorrow morning i will have to check again. i am thinking it might be the speedo harness.

Last edited:
yeah it was the speedometer. started the car it idles kinda high, right around 1.5krpms. battery is no good so am thinking that might be part of the problem. i will prolly get a cheap napa brand.

sonbitch. getting cel p0102. and the idle is going crazy. thinking it might be the maf. i plugged in the scanner and there is no voltage reading from the maf. so its 2 things, somewhere wiring is screwed or maf is no good. will be checking wiring today. hopefully a wire got cut or something cause i dont wanna have to buy a new maf sensor. on the bright side you can feel the difference with the rr-racing mm inserts.

Last edited:
wohoo! been a couple of weeks but it finally runs. got a new maf from lil beavis. didnt get to drive it since its still on jacks stands and its late to take it for a test drive. i did find a very small leak from the thermostat housing. got to tighten it a bit more i guess.

dominoy2k1 said:
wohoo! been a couple of weeks but it finally runs. got a new maf from lil beavis. didnt get to drive it since its still on jacks stands and its late to take it for a test drive. i did find a very small leak from the thermostat housing. got to tighten it a bit more i guess.

As far as the thermostat housing goes, see here: http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123642849

On the MAF, is that the same one that Little Beavis let me borrow last year?

might be. man i am excited. gonna take it for a test drive later on. might be driving it back to dallas if there are no problems.

well took it for a spin. drove it around for 10miles. man it feels so good. nice smooth acceleration. now i need to get a new primary o2 sensor.

Back