compression test

damn piston are junk. well now i gotta get some new ones.

piston.JPG

piston2.JPG

piston3.JPG

I have some stock mp3 pistions that have bad rods if you want them, I will let them go for cheap.

yeah i know. i am kinda excited though. first engine rebuild done by myself. its weird that block has no scratches or nothing. the pieces fell out when taking out the rings. i am happy it wasnt that bad.

Last edited:
woo got the pistons and they are going to machine shop tomorrow and get some rods. might get the engine done this weekend.

are those pistons good enough for you? I would have reused them my self if I wasn't going forged and also if I had the money...

now that u already have the tranny out, if u have the 3rd gear grinds, u should do it now. n dont forget about the clutch =). how many miles u got on there anyway?

new oem clutch going in. the only problem i ever had was shifting into second but after switching to redline it went away. i have right aroung 68k. the reason i needed a rebuild was because of running a turbo kit for 48kmiles. i abused it and now i gots to pay for it.

ignition advance? what would have caused it?
igdrasil said:
that piston broke, not for abuse, but for too much ignition advance.

well the engine is done. tomorrow i will be getting the tranny in. i dont think i will be able to get her started tomorrow. i have to wait another 2 weeks before i can finish up. so far everything has been going on smoothly.

Awesome bro, glad things are going smooth for ya.....still planning on keeping her turbo?? Since you have your truck, u can actually take your time and do this right the first time.

i am keeping everything oem. i dont wanna go back to turbo. i just dont feel like wasting more money on the car. i wanna get back to autox. the only mods that i thought about doing are 626 intake mani and after market exhaust mani. that might come later though.

CitizenPro said:
Awesome bro, glad things are going smooth for ya.....still planning on keeping her turbo?? Since you have your truck, u can actually take your time and do this right the first time.

yes sir.

mp3josh said:
did you build it with stock specs?

hmm good info. as for selling my turbo setup. i dont know. i have a homemade mani and 2 k26 turbos. i think both turbos are good.
igdrasil said:
Yeah, broken ring lands like that...too much advanced timing ->ping/knock

so...will you sell your setup?

well got the engine in. finished hooking most of the stuff. damn rear MM kicked my ass. i am so tired. since i got the rr-racing inserts it was a bit tighter getting the mount bracket to slip in. just gotta finish up wiring and suspension stuff.
edit: oh and the side mount is torn. i will getting a new one soon. might invest in awr side mount inserts.

Last edited:
Back