Complete CX-5 Wheel Specs

I did not want to start a new thread, so I will ask here.
What is the tread size for the wheels?

I saw the first post but visually the offsets do not always make sense to me. I have some 19" wheels that are 8.5" / +30 and tires that are 245/35/19. I know the bolt pattern is the same but wheel these fit? with those offsets, they are kind of a low profile tire. Volk SF Winning. Thanks,

I'm not an expert, but I would think that it will stick out quite a bit.
The +30 should be a bigger number, like 40-50(50 is the factory offset). ET 40mm, I believe is flush with the fender, 30mm sticks out 10mm. The smaller the number, the more it sticks out.

I saw the first post but visually the offsets do not always make sense to me. I have some 19" wheels that are 8.5" / +30 and tires that are 245/35/19. I know the bolt pattern is the same but wheel these fit? with those offsets, they are kind of a low profile tire. Volk SF Winning. Thanks,

I'm not an expert, but I would think that it will stick out quite a bit.
The +30 should be a bigger number, like 40-50(50 is the factory offset). ET 40mm, I believe is flush with the fender, 30mm sticks out 10mm. The smaller the number, the more it sticks out.

Tirereack has a helpful page to understand offset:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=101

Hey, does anyone know whats the weight of the original stock wheels plus the 225/55/19 rubbers that it came with?

I bought a set of 16x7 Sport Edition F7 5-spoke Silver wheels from TireRack.com as winter wheels for my 2010 Mazda 3 GT. I like them, they look perfect, and they're the easiest wheels to clean I've ever owned. I used them for 4 winters, about 20,000 km in all.

As I recall reading threads here, they should fit my CX-5 in terms of offset and bolt circle diameter. Of course, I'd have to put the right tires on them to ensure the right clearances and overall diameter. That looks like a 225/70R16 - 6.0-7.5" width. No doubt they'll look smaller than the 19" standard wheels, but ignoring that for the moment, what disadvantages in every day driving, if any, are likely to be noticeable with them? I live in the West coast of Canada, climate about like Seattle's, and make a handful of trips each winter into the mountains. I value the superior braking of snow tires in our mostly rainy winters when the temperature dips below the ~ 40F mark where summer and all season tires begin to lose their grip.

So I have potential lead on some sport edition f7 wheels that I'm thinking of picking up to put winter tires on. The rims are 17x7.5 with an offset of 40. Do guys think these would work ok as winter wheels? I'm thinking it might actually be pretty good to have a slightly wider stance in the winter. But is it going to far and will I have rubbing issues?

So I have potential lead on some sport edition f7 wheels that I'm thinking of picking up to put winter tires on. The rims are 17x7.5 with an offset of 40. Do guys think these would work ok as winter wheels? I'm thinking it might actually be pretty good to have a slightly wider stance in the winter. But is it going to far and will I have rubbing issues?

Tire Rack will gladly sell you at least a couple of different 8" wide wheels with 45 mm offsets - those will stick out even further than the 7.5" wide wheel with a 40 mm offset.

So, in other words, no - you will have absolutely no issues with the F7s as a winter wheel.

Is there any list of which other Mazdas use the same exact wheel size as the Touring CX-5? (ie 17" X 7", 114.3mm X5, 67.1mm).

Thanks

Is there any list of which other Mazdas use the same exact wheel size as the Touring CX-5? (ie 17" X 7", 114.3mm X5, 67.1mm).

Thanks

Uh... pretty much any of them?

Okay, not the 2. But basically everything else.

It'd be a far shorter list to ask for which Mazdas in the last ten years wouldn't mount up the wheel from a CX-5 Touring.

Uh... pretty much any of them?

Okay, not the 2. But basically everything else.

It'd be a far shorter list to ask for which Mazdas in the last ten years wouldn't mount up the wheel from a CX-5 Touring.

No, I'm talking about the same exact wheel specs vs. whether or no they'll mount. I've searched thru the Maxda specs and haven't found any other model that uses 17X7 unless I'm missing one.

Well... my 2010 3 has 17 x 7" wheels with a 5 x 114.3 bolt pattern and a 67.1 mm center bore. I believe the previous generation 6 used a 7" wide wheel, as well.

What's your major concern in exactly matching wheel dimensions?

Well... my 2010 3 has 17 x 7" wheels with a 5 x 114.3 bolt pattern and a 67.1 mm center bore. I believe the previous generation 6 used a 7" wide wheel, as well.

What's your major concern in exactly matching wheel dimensions?

Thanks,
I guess I'm just trying to broaden my search to other Mazda Models that have wheels that would fit a CX-5 and thought I'd start with ones that are an exact match. (In order to eliminate any guessing as to whether they clear calipers, have the right offset, etc.)

Would it be pretty safe to assume that any late model Mazda 17", 18" or 19" wheel would fit a CX-5 without issues even if the rim width was slightly different?

Back