Cold start rattle- no flames

thackl

I'm taking mine in for this tomorrow and I want to print out the tsb's or at least have the #'s. I searched and the old links no longer work. Thanks for the help.

There is a way to fix this without going to the dealer. Just put some soft rubber over the brass peg thatthe VTCS rattles against. It's simple sound supression

melicha8 said:
There is a way to fix this without going to the dealer. Just put some soft rubber over the brass peg thatthe VTCS rattles against. It's simple sound supression

anyone have a photo of the brass peg? (insert joke here)

-Erik

I know this is about a different issue, but I took in the TSB and a long-ass thread about the cold start clutch chatter and even left the car there over night and they wouldnt fix it for me. They claimed that it didnt exist in their database.

thackl said:
I'm taking mine in for this tomorrow and I want to print out the tsb's or at least have the #'s. I searched and the old links no longer work. Thanks for the help.

If you take the time you can get to the real ones at the offical government website. www.edmunds.com can get you there but I can never remember how to find it.

ELEmental59437 said:
I know this is about a different issue, but I took in the TSB and a long-ass thread about the cold start clutch chatter and even left the car there over night and they wouldnt fix it for me. They claimed that it didnt exist in their database.
Tell them evenif its not in there data base the problem is on your car so fix it. The TSB just tells them how to fix it not weather they should or not.

Re: Re: Cold start rattle- no flames

1st MP3 in NH said:
If you take the time you can get to the real ones at the offical government website. www.edmunds.com can get you there but I can never remember how to find it.

Click on the ownership button up top..

Then it gives you:

You, Your Vehicle and the Technical Service Bulletin (TSB)

or click Here!!!

In Canada, click HERE!!!!

In the US, the NHTSA

Last edited:
Back