Cold Air Intake

Patmine

:
Mazda Protege5 2002
Whats the best cold air intake available for the p5? What amount of hp gains will i get?

Big debate on that. Injen is good, there is a ebay knock-off of it for much less. Hp increases are very little. Best thing to do is search through all the posts and decide how much you want to spend and which one looks better...

Injen is your best bet, or the K& N Typhoon system but those are pretty pricy. The Ebay CAI is the same exact design as Injen, but I have seen posts of members who have ordered them but gotten the wrong fitments in return. Your best bet would be an Injen because your buying quality and a good name.

the ebay kicks ass and it has blue color scheme. however they are currently out of stock and only one person screwed up and ordered a short ram instead... not the cai's fault. And i personally noticed gains... but i just dropped it on a setup that was already built up a bit.

i think people who get ebay intakes are for people who dont want to spend those extra dollar for a better quality. Plus you guys who have ebay intakes will pay for it in the long run. Go with the injen and just spend those extra dollars and trust me after u get it u will be happy u did.

why are they gonna pay for it in the long run? the piping is the same aluminum, the hoses are the same silicone... only difference is the filter, but that can easily be changed. i don't follow your logic. oh yeah, i have the injen by the way. just wondering where you are coming from...

its not the same aluminum from the outside and the inside. well from experience, the heat under the hood and dirt started to mess up the finish on the intake. Think about it if they were the same and everything why are they not dynoproven and why do they sell them for much cheaper. Everyone thinks that there okay for now but you guys will see later. I had the ebay for about two years when it started to mess up. Another point i never in my life heard of anybody with an injen or aem changing theres for a ebay intake usaually its the other way around.

weird... a few members in arizona has had their intake for over two years and no one is experiencing any kind of paint peeling. and it's been through 110 degree summers. and you do really pay for just the name. aluminum piping in that length costs no more than $20.

how would the almunim finish get damaged? its aluminum so it doesnt corrode. I looked at the injen and personally although i wanted it... i thought it is overpriced.

if it was just for the name then why did you get injen??? not just for the name huh?..
Oh and im just posting the experience that i had with ebay intakes.

i do agree with the price being to high. But We all have great cars in here and new and classy basically so wouldnt you want to put the best quality on our cars.

idrivemazda said:
if it was just for the name then why did you get injen??? not just for the name huh?..
Oh and im just posting the experience that i had with ebay intakes.

no, i got the injen because it was the only CAI out at the time and i got it for under $200, which was unheard of back when i got it.

I'll join in the discussion being that I was one of the first pioneers into the world of the ebay CAI. You're right in your argument that we didn't get the injen because of the price. But try to understand something... when we see the injen going for 200+ dollars, and than some ebay "knock-off" comes along and charges only about $60, don't you think most people would go with the ebay one? That's what I did, and the only difference that the two have are from the name. We can easily replace the filter for a better K&N, and yet we still will be under $100.

Seriously though, don't knock on the ebay CAI because you paid more for your injen. We are very satisfied, and we are just letting people know of how the product is well built and the same.

This isn't a flame at all... don't take it that way. Just understand that for those who don't wish to spend that much on an injen, the ebay CAI is the way to go.

which ebay cai does a person want, it seems like ther is about a thousand of them, are they all the same because they sure do look it

2.0L mazda mp3 or protege/5 and it has to have the same bends as an injen.
Coqui very well put. I have seen friends injens and they saw my intake... there were no complaints. Except for the large injen "badge" and color options i doubt there is much difference in design.

Ummmm, you have it backwards... if they were your friends, they WOULD tell you if they don't like something. My friends would tell me straight up that they don't like this or that... but strangers will be the ones to pretend to like something.

I have a question...(sue me, I havent really searched).

Has anyone used the AEM water bypass valve with the Injen Intake? Is there any problems with this? Thanks.

Back