Coil Packs....Will they fit

hey bud,
as long as its based for the same year it should be the same between engines. The coil and boot look exactly the same in the picture you provided, not sure if there is a difference between output at all but its not sending any codes on mine.
The difference between years is apparent though because they have 3 prong and 2 prong plugs. The 2005 are 2 prong and will fit.
I'm just finishing a swap here (2005 2.3L -dead, with a 2008 2.0L) and that is the only difference so far, but it seems they can be retrofitted with a little work

Hope this helps

Thanks ameflyer77 thanks for the input. I keep getting random misfire code and its effecting my Caty. i got my ngks but took them out cuz me and uncle thought they were the problem. It just that my Caty keeps getting cligged. I'm burning oil for no reason. I got 132,000 on my 3. I replaced the pcv and changed my oil. I'm gonna start changing my oil sooner than 3,000 miles and keep up with the honey oil treatment. Is there anything else I can use to slow the burning process that will stop that. Cuz I'm gonna rip out my Caty and straight pipe it for now until I can get some money for a new one.

Any feedback on this

Well, I think some of the more senior guys should pipe in on this one.
But if your cat keeps getting clogged, its due to the misfire you're getting from the engine non? Lack of spark and build up of fuel + late spark creates that overly rich mixture that will eventually clog up your cat with hydrocarbons....Now, are your o2 sensors all good? It would be a good place to look as well. If they're faulty it would create misfiring of a perfectly good cylinder and down the line clogging your cat.
Which codes is it tripping? Can you tell which bank is misfiring? Try swapping around the plugs. If the new code changes bank, it can be the plug. If it stays, it can be a number of things including the coil/boot(arcing) and creating that code.

That oil thing is a big issue. Be very careful of your oil consumption because those 2.3's will burn and cause oil starvation; even if it shows you have a full engine, itll still be 1-2qts low or worse. Read the history on those motors, they can be very dodgy and its not out of the ordinary to have a blown motor at 132k.....The car I purchased has 95k and the jack*** spun a rod because he never properly checked the oil.....I'm not sure if there are many oil stabilizers that will slow down the burning, and if a difference with swapping out to synthetic might help....That would be a better question for a more senior mech.

Not to make you paranoid. Just be careful. Hope this helps a bit. Let me know if you make any headway

Back