COBB shifter weight impressions

this cobb shifter weight is not worth any money....shifting feels like s*** its to light, gears from 1 to 6 felt like there is something on their way and it was hard to shift ....stock one is way better..... worst 30 bucks i ever spend

I'm wondering if this fits the MS6. Looking at a few MS3 weights yesterday I think it does. I posted on the Cobb forum to see if they would answer it, but no reply. Seems like a mixed review on here so far. As much driving as I do, I am debating if its worth it.

this cobb shifter weight is not worth any money....shifting feels like s*** its to light, gears from 1 to 6 felt like there is something on their way and it was hard to shift ....stock one is way better..... worst 30 bucks i ever spend

personal preference i guess, ive used no weight for a loong tiem. I tried putting the weight back on and i hate the feeling. Might give this weight a shot

it should work on the ms6 i cant confrim beacuse i dont own a ms6. but for 25 bucks its not too bad if it dose not fit.

personal preference i guess, ive used no weight for a loong tiem. I tried putting the weight back on and i hate the feeling. Might give this weight a shot

yea but many times I couldnt shift into 4th,5th and th6 like something was on the way of the shifter, and when i installed stock shifter weight it never happened againd and feels much better.

Last edited:
Basically, if you think the stock shifting feel is too heavy, then the COBB weight is for you.

With the stock weight, I used to have trouble going into third at times. Never had probs with 4th-6th, but my last car was a 6-speed, too, and so I'm used to the gates. The COBB weight fixed my 3rd gear issue.

Last edited:
Third gear on most performance cars is the one I have to pay attention to. I am being pushed back into the seat while holding the car straight and pushing the lever forward when the car is probably pulling its hardest. I will never be a drag racer thats for sure. Does less counter weight shift faster do you think?

I just installed this today. Its interesting to me because shift speed seems quicker and smoother between the gates however it is a bit more notchy when going into each gear. Not sure if that makes sense but I don't know how else to explain it. Overall it feels better for me though especially that annoying 2-3 shift so I'm going to keep it.

Back