Cobb AP worth it???

hyperpm

:
08.5 CPW MS3 Sport
I have Cobb SRI and wondering if current maps are good and worth getting AP. With Cobb SRI, my dynojet numbers are 250 whp and 285 wtq. Big increase over stock especially at 3200 rpm. Dyno numbers accurate imo since same same dyno I used for my other car and inline with what others are getting for that car on that dyno. Questions:

Anyone dyno Cobb SRI with AP?
Do current maps increase boost or just adjusts A/F ratio?

Thanks for any info. New to turbos.

I have Cobb SRI and wondering if current maps are good and worth getting AP. With Cobb SRI, my dynojet numbers are 250 whp and 285 wtq. Big increase over stock especially at 3200 rpm. Dyno numbers accurate imo since same same dyno I used for my other car and inline with what others are getting for that car on that dyno. Questions:

Anyone dyno Cobb SRI with AP?
Do current maps increase boost or just adjusts A/F ratio?

Thanks for any info. New to turbos.

All 103 Maps increase Boost and AFR to lean you out some. You should see a nice increase if you get an AP.

i dont have an AP but my answer is no, its not worth it. For the same cost i would rather have a piggy back that i can tune to my needs, not the same tune everyone else has. In my case, i'll take no tune at all! Im getting the fuel cut and throttle flash and thats it. Piss on the tune IMO.

I don't think the OTS maps are all that good considering each person,

Lives at different altitudes
Different humidities/temps

Which effects how effective each map/tune is on a persons car. I think it's going to be worth is when the AccessTUNER RACE/PRO comes out. I have the AP and have been having difficulties with how my car is running with the OTS maps. I'm going to get it custom tuned with the software becomes available to tuners as there are multiple AccessTUNER shops in my area.

i would be happy w my tune if i didnt get fuel cut like a mother f. the ap is good beisdes. you can get live data lists/logs of the motor in one unit....although you can only see 1 at a time. you can data log your s*** and see what you need to fix or check into. even though the tune is "general" imo its better than no tune for most cases. your at least putting your engine at a safer spot being closer to your mods than your ecu trying to compensate all your mods. idk all that much about it yet and ive been trying to follow tru-boost for quite some time and he knows quite a lot. but you gotta figure....some of us only have 500 to spend and with a possible future self tuning program for the ap....i cant see why you would be wasting your money.

This is a stage 1+ sri datalog. I would say its worth it, 19 psi and 12.0 a/f makes a big difference

104d.jpg

when will access tuner be out??? and will it be for free?

not a clue. words been being passed around the forum so it could just be a rumor. but it would put the ap on top of everyones list imo. i was impressed with the s*** the ap came with. 500 was nothing for the amount it did without tuning. a custom access tuner would be f-in so sweet though. people could fine tune those custom maps cobb made vehicle specific. people would either make their cars run super sweet.....or blow them up. lol.

im happy with it and unlike some of the other tuners out there i dont have to cut wires and easy to use.

cobb ap is sooo worth it man i have it and i raced an evo the first day i got it i raced an evo that i previously beat by a car then we raced again and i beat him by 3 cars and i shut down still pulling. great mod i would take it over any ecu out there for our cars and there gettign more maps soon and you can make your own maps its ftw

cobb ap is sooo worth it man i have it and i raced an evo the first day i got it i raced an evo that i previously beat by a car then we raced again and i beat him by 3 cars and i shut down still pulling. great mod i would take it over any ecu out there for our cars and there gettign more maps soon and you can make your own maps its ftw

what other upgrades do you have? and what map do you have?

I have the sri and turboxs rp w/a high flow cat. I just got the AP and few days ago and YES it's worth it!!! Pick it up used like I did and save a few hundred!!

what other upgrades do you have? and what map do you have?

i have an injen intake and i have a hks cbe with a corksport tp and im running stage 2 maps. and when i get my downpipe and a fmic im gonna put that stage 2 map in and it suppose to increase hp by 17% more cobb ap is worth it i was talkign to a guy at japtrix n his son has a intake and cpe tbe and dynoed at 273 whp then he put cobb ap on and then dynoed at 296 thats a big jump cobb ap has alot of features and m,aps and you can create your own and they will have way more comeing out soon. its win bro.

Back