Stage 2 bog/sputter

paccio8

:
2009 mazdaspeed 3
I own a 2009 mazdaspeed 3. I am currently running the ots stage 2 93 oct. map on my AP. My other mods include cobb sri, tih, rmm and 3" ss cbe . gfb bpv, cpe tmic, obx catless downpipe, autoxtech hpfp. I recently put on the downpipe and cbe and retuned with the AP. My problem is that while I am WOT the car seems to be bogging or sputtering. Does anyone know why this is happening?? it was running like a champ before the Dp and cbe install. Thanks fellas! My only thought would be that the AP stage 2 map is for the cobb catted downpipe only, while I am running the obx catless. Is this my problem?

Lots of possibilities. We can only assume the dp install went well and that no damage was done to the primary 02 sensor. A damaged sensor could explain a lot of things. We'll assume for now that it is ok.

For starters, go back to a known stage one tune that worked for your other mods and see if the sputtering goes away. If so, you can use that as your baseline. Cobb OTS maps, especially stage 2, are notorious for being crappy. Most Cobb AP users with stage 2 mods are downloading the ATR software from Cobb and either self tuning based on protocols posted over on the MSF board, or are getting one of their excellent e-tuners to do a custom tune. Over there you can post your datalogs and get help.

You can post logs here and see what guys might see. Less AP expertise here. What is needed is a third or 4th grade pull at WOT from about 2,800 rpm to redline, with the proper PIDs logged.

I hope you are running that BOV in recirc mode.

Last edited:
Thanks buddy. I really appreciate it. I'll do as you said and repost with my results. And yes I am running my bov in full recirc mode. I rarely vent it to atmosphere. That sound got old real quick. I'd say I run full recirc about 90% of the time. I should be OK with that right? I have had the bov a while now and everything ran fine up til this latest mod. Thanks again.

Back