Cobb AP whats the deal?

im going to wait till i put my summer tires on to put the stage one on my car, that way ill have everything on the car that i want for now. thanks everyone.

well i finaly put my summer tires on and i put the stage 1+ 93 octaine tune in the car. fuel pressure is holding and boost spikes to 21 psi and holds 17 to redline. i feel a decent gain low to midrange nothing crazy though. havnt had a chance to look at the datalog so hopefully everything is ok. thanks everybody!!! overall pretty happy with it.

I was convinced I'd save up for an AP, but after reading this post (and also because i dont know ANYTHING about tuning), maybe the HT would be a better choice for me. Zoom-zoom-boom, I'm glad to see the AP working for you and all...I guess i'm a bit nervous (itll be a while before i invest in tuning though...i need new tires as well). BTW, I currently have a Street Unit Testpipe, Forge BPV, Cobb Inlet, and Cobb SRI.

Ummmm ok my LTFT are perfect at idle but that's it. Just off idle it will go to 11% and if I floor it it will drop down to 7%. Is it normal to be running this lean lol?
I think I'm gonna put the stock tune back in.
And chris the HT tune is very good from what I hear, I have not run it myself but it appears to be the safest way to go. It was a hard decition but at the end of the day you get more with the ap.

You got the best tuning solution for our cars with the AP, don't think about switching to something like the HT that won't give you much options...

If you don't wanna pay for a pro-tune i suggest reading on how to do a maf calibration to fix your trims and use ATR. Spiking to 21psi is not such a good idea on a stg1 tune, gotta try doing some boost tuning with ATR as well. Read their helpfile, it helps a bunch but it's a bit too condensed. Read "other" forums to get the best outta your AP.

That's my advice.

I don't know if it's worth getting a pro tune until I get a few more things on the car right now it's just got an intake. The boost spike does scare me some say it's just going to happin because it's such a small turbo, and my wgdc is at like 94%. But I don't like it. I'm going back to stock today and do some reading.

Can you post some logs? That might tell us what is going on a bit more. It is normal for the ECU to add fuel at tip-in like you were seeing. Although I am curious what your boost spike looks like as well. Also, you should look at AFR as a measure of what is lean or rich. Just because the ECU is adding fuel does not mean you are running lean, it could mean that it is compensating for extra timing etc.

Back