Clutch Travel

I think it's all just learning the car. This is my first manual and at first I struggled with 1-2 shifting. But now I have zero-few problems. Only time I have issues 1-2 is when the engine is cold.

it's a result of a super sloppy rear motor mount, which is a result of a stupid low idle and engine vibrations. Fill the mount, get the awr one, problem goes away.

It's that, as well as the "clutch cushioning". Since I've done my exhaust, and the AWR 95a mount, plus getting used to it (since I've only stricly driven stick on modified cars, with harshly engaging clutches), it's not bad. At some point, I'd like to get the ACT Stage 1 clutch.

Am I the only one here satisfied with the stock clutch? This is my first manual, so maybe that's why, but I don't see a problem with it. It's not able to pull off super quick shifts, but that's my only complaint.

I think it's all just learning the car. This is my first manual and at first I struggled with 1-2 shifting. But now I have zero-few problems. Only time I have issues 1-2 is when the engine is cold.

That 1-2 shift is a b!tch to learn. Took me a while to master it, it's all in feathering the clutch the proper amount while giving sufficient gas.

I overstated myself, the rear motor mount isn't a cure-all, but I've found it to at least make things consistent. before the mount it was like hitting a moving target, and really tough for me.

i've never had a 1/2 issue, but I wonder if the 2013 has different gearing, and is a little more forgiving. I can't hit 60 in second.

Nope, poked around and max speed with 6300 rev limit and stock tires is 59.4MPH, and gear ratios the same from 11-13.

you have to nail it just right and not bounce of the rev limiter, and the shift will land you lower than ideal, but it still pulls.

I'm not that interested in drag racing the car, so it hardly matters to me, most corners are 3rd gear corners round here anyway.

Last edited:
Back