Clunking Update

INiTiAL33 said:

Can you let me know about the problem with the seatbelt? i have the exact same problem and i dont know what it is...

And just one question to all of you......... are all the dealerships AWARE of this MC/RB fix thats in process?

and what can i do or say to make my dealership take it up for me as they are NOT doing it...

If you hear a strange noise from where seat belt is attached (kind of rattle and unexplainable noise). Try to pull your seat belt while you try to come to a complete stop (braking) or when you make a little hard cornering. It is supposed to lock when you brake or take a corner; mine used to lock when I take the free way ramps. If it does not lock then go to the dealer and tell them that you seatbelt is not working properly and you are getting some strange noise from it. As far as Im concerned all the dealers know that MCI is fixing the problem, but why dont you ask them? However, we dont know how long its going to take so they have to replace your busing as it is a safety issue. If they dont then tell them you are going too complained to MCI. Call MCIs 1-800 number and file a complaint against the dealer and tell them u need your problem to be addressed immediately as your car is making very laud noise or something (you have to exaggerate a bit to make them listen to u). Just bug them again and again, if it doesnt work, then ask the dealer ship to give their denial in writing or get it recorded then approach any media and release the details to them (well, playing a nasty game should be your last resort, first try it in a professional manner if it doesnt then play it)

initial33, I did mention to MCI that maybe someone should inform the dealer(s) of the tape fix while we are waiting. I stressed that there's no reason why someone can't use the tape idea now, and that any excuse is just that...an excuse. They can'
t expect people to drive around in a non-safe car, or even just a loud one for months while they come up with the real fix. I did this the weekend via email. I never got a response yet, nor did this guy call me back yet....I don't think.

I'm not sure because he was supposed to call yesterday. Now, yeterday, we had the biggest rainstorm in our cities history. We also have had a record breaking snow fall this year.

Now, when you mix a lot of rain, with a lot of snow....what happens? Floods. everywhere too. I couldn't even count how many houses were flooded out yesterday, power down everywhere, we were really in a state of disaster for most of yesterday. I was really more concerned with helping people save their homes then waiting for a call from MCI. I'll call tomorrow regardless, but there's a few people I still gotta help out.
Nothing worse then seeing someone have 30 grand in damages to their home because of water, and just loose everything...very sad.

Luckily, my house was fine. i live on top of a hill.

I just called my dealer yesterday to see wtf was up with my new bushings. I went in 5 weeks ago, and they said they'd order me new bushings. I called them yesterday and they wouldn't order them because "there's no way that part should have worn out already" direct quote. I said yeah I know. So I have an apointment to go in next tuesday, and the service manager's going to take a ride with me to hear this clunk. I'm also going to complain about the squeaky struts up front. I could use a new set :). Anyways, after the ride they're going to get into the car and find out if there's anything else wrong. Man what 1 e-mail from Mazda Corprate could do. No more analyzing cars all the time. They know the problem, why don't they just pass it on. Jeez.

anyway, atleast I get to take a day off work :). Gettin the 30,000 mile checkeup and changin my tranny fluid to Red Line while I'm there.

saided18 said:
Hey Newf what is going with Mazda coming up with a perm. fix for the bushings?

I don't know what he has as an update but they are changing my stabilizer bar next Thursday..I will try to keep u guys posted...

ignore this thread guys, let it die. Keep posting in the other clunk thread....try to keep it all in once place from now on. There's too many clunk threads.

Back