Clunking Update

Cameleon3

:
Mazda MP3 (Blue Mica)
As some of you know, I am in the same boat as NEWF when it comes to trying to fix the bushings on the MP3...I have replaced my bushings 4 times...I basically have tried EVERYTHING...My dealership now has decided to change the stabilizer bar...they think that will make the clunking disappear...as for the squeaking in the front, still no news...

I will keep u ladies posted....

Just tell them to tape it up with teflon for now. But wait until after they replace everything :)

Can't beat new parts :)

newf said:
Just tell them to tape it up with teflon for now. But wait until after they replace everything :)

Can't beat new parts :)

Yeah..all the new parts are great...I just hate have to go to the dealership every couple of weeks or months....they have taped it up..I have done everything u have and maybe even more...it's hilarious because everytime I see ur postings, it always reflects what they did to my car....good luck...

Yeah..all the new parts are great...I just hate have to go to the dealership every couple of weeks or months....they have taped it up..I have done everything u have and maybe even more...it's hilarious because everytime I see ur postings, it always reflects what they did to my car....good luck...

funny s***!

I have had my bushings replaced 4 times.....Going on 5, but only for squeeking. They tried 2 diferent sizes. I'm begining to believe they need to think about composition rather than size. Polyeurothane, fitted properly, would fix the squeeks. I havent heard the clunk yet.... or is that when you raise the rear tire 8" off the ground going into a driveway dip.

If I'm putting the springs on the car, is there any problems when Mazda have a recall for our clunk problems?

I wouldn't do it sky since it is part of the suspension and you don't want them to give you any hassle if a permanent fix comes by. But what the hell do I know. I bought a car that clunks(hand) :)

then I need to wait til they recall it?
or else they won't fix the problem on my car if i installed the springs??

Damn it.....

im worried about this too. I figure if you have been having a problem they will fix it when it is recalled. just go get new bushings then lower it, and hopefully by the time those go bad there is a recall. Im getting bushings put on today, lowering sunday.

Is it possible that it's your struts clunking? I work at a Mazda dealer and we've had a bunch of these same complaints(myself included). If it's the same problem (most of the cars with this problem were LX's and ES's), the dealer just needs to remove the rear struts, and place a washer above and below the strut mount. It worked on mine. Good luck!!

speaking of lowered, the rear on ur guys mp3's is it lower then the front ? my rear looks like its almost a inch lower? maybe the guy who had it bfore me did it or they just like that:D

nocar said:
speaking of lowered, the rear on ur guys mp3's is it lower then the front ? my rear looks like its almost a inch lower? maybe the guy who had it bfore me did it or they just like that:D

my car's rear is lower too.... dont worry im sure we are all like that..... but i wish the front was the same height... looks so much better... i think the front has too much of a wheel gap.... i like the rear.....

1garnetredlx

nope. not struts, it's the bushings, this has been confirmed by Mazda of Canada, and their head techs as well as Racing beat etc. Only in the last few weeks though

I had the strut thing done as well. Didn't do squat.

my car is once again clunking like crazy.......... what should i do?!.... wait for the fix from MC/RB? Because i know that my dealer wont change me a new stabilizer bar...... i think the most they will do is change me a new set of bushings...

Maybe I am lucky but my dealership has been pretty cooperative...but I did write a letter to Mazda Canada (I addressed it to the President)...now it's funny because Mazda Reps and the dealership call me all the time to make sure I am a "satisfied" customer...

After reading about this clunking, I've been hearing mine do the same. I thought it was because the board in my trunk thats covering the spare isn't attached very firmly. Could that be a problem or should I look into changing my bushings too? haha

INiTiAL33 my car is once again clunking like crazy.......... what should i do?!.... wait for the fix from MC/RB? Because i know that my dealer wont change me a new stabilizer bar...... i think the most they will do is change me a new set of bushings...

Well, atleast your dealership would change your bushings....mine are doing diddly squat....:bs: They're waiting for the fix......I hope that my backend falls off my car just so that I can take it back and call them a bucnh of morons :wtf:

SomaMP3 said:

Well, atleast your dealership would change your bushings....mine are doing diddly squat....:bs: They're waiting for the fix......I hope that my backend falls off my car just so that I can take it back and call them a bucnh of morons :wtf:

Man Ask them to shut the F.up and change the bushings. it wont cost them any money, its paid by MCI ok. i confirmed it with my dealer. Mine is going next week for the 5th bushing replacement. they told me to wait to get the fix by MCI,but i refused ad told them to tape it this time. i'm going in with a number of issues; faulty seatbelt, bushing, strange noise from passenger side rear brakes, transmission, engine vibration... damn its only 28k on it. Wish i won a 649 to get a WRX-STI (48G+ tax >> unofficial pricing by a dealer :eek:)

Toronto_Raj said:

Man Ask them to shut the F.up and change the bushings. it wont cost them any money, its paid by MCI ok. i confirmed it with my dealer. Mine is going next week for the 5th bushing replacement. they told me to wait to get the fix by MCI,but i refused ad told them to tape it this time. i'm going in with a number of issues; faulty seatbelt, bushing, strange noise from passenger side rear brakes, transmission, engine vibration... damn its only 28k on it. Wish i won a 649 to get a WRX-STI (48G+ tax >> unofficial pricing by a dealer :eek:)

Can you let me know about the problem with the seatbelt? i have the exact same problem and i dont know what it is...

And just one question to all of you......... are all the dealerships AWARE of this MC/RB fix thats in process?

and what can i do or say to make my dealership take it up for me as they are NOT doing it...

Back