Clicking

I will take mine in after the holidays to have it looked at. Costs me $100 to fix with the extended warranty because the other dealership refused to address it until I machined my rotors and replaced pads. Side note, I will machine my rotors in my Dad's garage over the turkey holiday and keep you posted. I suspect this will not fix the issue though.

Took my CX-9 into Rothenthal Mazda in Arlington VA today. I am anxious as I hope they go with replacing a motor mount and not throught the strut/caliper gammit. I also ordered the replacement relays for the blower. Those should be in tomorrow. I'll keep the board posted on their solution.

So let me give props to Rosenthal Mazda of Arlington VA. Tons better than Ourisman of Laurel MD.

Now they looked at my problem starting with the brakes. They attempted to shim the brakes even after I told them I barely got the caliper over the new pads with the piston compressed. They had to try of course before checking that off the list. The next try was for the spline greasing. Surprisingly enough it worked! I will keep my ear on it, but it seems to have worked.

Now came the time for the bend-over. I have 45K on my 2007 and am on the extended warranty, therefore I owe $100 at least if it is covered under the warranty. Brake jobs are not covered. So I cringed and asked what the damage was.....not a dime, it was covered by the shop. My opinion of Mazda dealer/service departments has changed.

Back