(Cleveland Area) April Monthly Meet - Barroco Grill Lakewood, Sat April 21 3pm.

Why do you think I still use it around you, buddy? (wink)

When are you gonna track your car(s) and stop picking on those who at least try to make it to track days?

It's easier to never claim to do something... that way when you finally do, it's a bonus.

I will when I'm not ******* fixing them.

If you would want to drive ~40 min to my house and ride up with me, you're more than welcome to. I make the Mentor trip usually 1-2 times a week to see friends so it's autopilot for me lol

yeah, that's actually what i was thinking about asking to some of you folks up there; i just might have to take you up on the offer! thanks!

and no offense taken Kevin on the Mentor trip. don't count on my driving down to Wooster for somethign like the Wink either ;)

ok good, after i wrote that, i did feel like it might have been a little offensive; but i think everyone understands that not everyone can make it, especially coming from farther away.
...plus there's nothing really worth coming down here to Wooster anyway! lol

Evan, you should volunteer at the track, that is what I am doing, since I won't be running until the end of the season, I will have free track time, might as well since I am out there fo rboth days. I still get to see my folks run, etc.

Evan, you should volunteer at the track, that is what I am doing, since I won't be running until the end of the season, I will have free track time, might as well since I am out there fo rboth days. I still get to see my folks run, etc.

If my car isn't ready and I can't do HPDE, I might be interested in volunteering. Do you get to do a free HPDE or something if you volunteer for an event? I'm not sure how that works.

Also, April 21st for Barroco Grill should work for me.

Why isn't your car ready? I saw you at a Hyperdrive last year right?

Why isn't your car ready? I saw you at a Hyperdrive last year right?

Before the Mid-Ohio corral last year (I think in October), I had a blown rear passenger shock. Luckily Levi had a pair of stock Mazda 3 shocks so I bought those off of him cheap. My plan was to use those in the rear until I save up enough to buy BC Coils (ordered almost 2 weeks ago, but Street Unit said they won't have any to ship until 3/29). So until I receive them and install them, I won't do HPDE with super soft rear shocks lol.

Also, I have a bunch of other things on my car to-do list before I feel the car is ready. Finding time to work on my car lately has been almost impossible with work and school.

-Install Corksport SS Brake lines
-Replace my brake fluid (will be done when installing SS lines)
-Take my RX8 wheels to get my new tires mounted/balanced
-Install BC coilovers (if they even ship before April 14)
-Get an alignment (it will probably need one after doing the coilovers)
-Pull the EGR valve and piping to see if there's a clog. I have a CEL saying insufficient EGR flow. It will come on randomly and stay on until I turn the car off. Then randomly after sitting all day at work, it won't be on when I start the car. It then sometimes won't come back on for days, even weeks.
-Replace my boost gauge tubing in the engine bay. I need to route it far away from the engine because the current one melted. My boost gauge doesn't read about .5 PSI, so I think there's a leak in the tube.

I'm sure there's a few other little things, but I can't think of any for now haha

Sweet!! Just got an email from Street Unit and my BC Coilovers just shipped...WOOT!!!!!

That's awesome and creepy. It's like they read your post and said "s***, we need to ship Evan his coilovers today...". Yay for new toys!

so are we 'officially' changing this date to April 21 and calling that a FINAL ANSWER?? too much white out on my calendar from this event ... let's make up our minds and change the title to reflect the final outcome, thanks!!

so are we 'officially' changing this date to April 21 and calling that a FINAL ANSWER?? too much white out on my calendar from this event ... let's make up our minds and change the title to reflect the final outcome, thanks!!

I agree!!!!

Also...my coilovers came today!!!!!!!!

If it is changed to the 21st I might be able to make it!

can The Phenda update the date again to the 21st? Fez said he would come

1. Pablo (Princess Peach)
2. Jessica (XCLR8TN)
3. Kevin (KZL_99ES)
4. Evan (Lewis7789)
5. Jon (wannabe)
6. Tammy (member 1 of the wannabe fan club)
7. Chloe (member 2 of the wannabe fan club)
8. Marlon (Perro del Sol)
9. Lauri (Coppertone)
10. Marc (eprx799)
11. Linda (member 1 of the eprx799 fan club)
12. Fez
13 Evan #2?
14. Will?

Edit: Already have plans on the 21st too. :( So you can remove me from the list.

Last edited:
Got it.

I'll be in the recording studio most of the day on the 21st, so I'll probably be out.

OK, everybody else still in for the 21st?

1. Pablo (Princess Peach)
2. Jessica (XCLR8TN)
3. Kevin (KZL_99ES)
4. Evan (Lewis7789)
5. Jon (wannabe)
6. Tammy (member 1 of the wannabe fan club)
7. Chloe (member 2 of the wannabe fan club)
8. Marlon (Perro del Sol)
9. Lauri (Coppertone)
10. Marc (eprx799)
11. Linda (member 1 of the eprx799 fan club)
12. Cubby (member 2 of the eprx799 fan club)?
13. Fez
14. Evan #2 (Evan9999)

Last edited:
Looks like you have a good group signed up so far. If people can't make it, then they just can't make it. Almost impossible to pick a day to cater to everyone, know what I mean?

Back