citykids' newb P5 build

i know.... i have my p5 as my daily and i hate what that bully snow and salt does to my car... :(

Update

Ok, the following parts are here in the garage:

H&R Sport Springs
KYB GR-2 shocks
17" Enkei M52
205/45R Kumho ECSTA
Progress Technology rear sway bar
AWR F&R adjustable end links
MOOG F&R strut mounts
AWR Trailing arms
Racing Beat cat-back exhaust system
H&R Trak+ wheel spacers

The only thing holding me up from doing an install this weekend is that my Wilwood brake kit hasn't arrived yet. Maybe I'll just go ahead and do what I can for now and install them later on - although it would've been nice to do it one fell swoop!

Same head unit I have from the looks of it, I dont like the fact that you need a special aux cable for it to work, I bought one off ebay and it lasted a good while but is broken now :( so I gotta get a new one, right now im just using cd-rw to play music. As for CAI go for the Injen it really sucks in lots of air, and you can hear it. When you hit the higher rpm range it whistles like a turbo and it really compliments an exhaust system nicely. Not to mention adding a hp boost

As for CAI go for the Injen it really sucks in lots of air, and you can hear it. When you hit the higher rpm range it whistles like a turbo and it really compliments an exhaust system nicely. Not to mention adding a hp boost

I ordered an intake from INSYS, not a bad price but if I'm not happy with it I'll just go with the Injen or AEM. We'll find out how it performs when it comes in Friday (nailbyt)

A slow day, not much to do...so on goes the short ram intake...
insys.jpg

end links and trailing arms are finally here...
IMG_20140116_155710979.jpg

Now only if my friggin' brakes would finally come!!(pissed)

I just got the same intake! Does yours vibrate against your master cylinder or battery at all? I'm having issues with that.

Ok, the following parts are here in the garage:

H&R Sport Springs
KYB GR-2 shocks
17" Enkei M52
205/45R Kumho ECSTA
Progress Technology rear sway bar
AWR F&R adjustable end links
MOOG F&R strut mounts
AWR Trailing arms
Racing Beat cat-back exhaust system
H&R Trak+ wheel spacers

The only thing holding me up from doing an install this weekend is that my Wilwood brake kit hasn't arrived yet. Maybe I'll just go ahead and do what I can for now and install them later on - although it would've been nice to do it one fell swoop!

Any idea if the KYB's are ok on lowering springs? I seem to recall reading that they would blow prematurely...
Looks like you've spent a nice chunk of change there ;) Can't wait to see some pictures man.. get to work!

Last edited:
I just got the same intake! Does yours vibrate against your master cylinder or battery at all? I'm having issues with that.
We took a piece of the metal mounting that came with it, secured it with a rubber grommet and it sits just right with just enough clearance from everything. I'll try and post some clearer pics shortly.

Any idea if the KYB's are ok on lowering springs? I seem to recall reading that they would blow prematurely...
Looks like you've spent a nice chunk of change there ;) Can't wait to see some pictures man.. get to work!

I've got the same setup on my '08 Maxima with KYB GR-2's and H&R sport springs, I've had no issues. It handles every corner and begs for more! I'm not looking to slam it, just a slight drop and maintain a nice ride while giving it better than normal handling.

while you are at it, take care of the rust!
Most definitely! I'm already talking to guys at bodyshops about pricing/options...what I'm getting back is:

"If you want it fast and good, it won't be cheap.
If you want it cheap and fast, it won't be good.
If you want it good and cheap, it won't be fast."

Hey guys, just getting in from my mechanics - a lot of updates to report on but I'll wait until tomorrow to post as it's late now.

Stay tuned! (cabpatch)

Ok, maybe just one pic! Here she is last week before the suspension mods were installed:

p52_3.jpg

Weeks of delays and setbacks have finally paid off...for the most part.

I've gone from this:
elyw.jpg

to this:
DSC_02191.jpg

DSC_0213.jpg

...and I'm still not done working the bugs out of it! This has been one of the most stressful builds I've ever encountered, but one does not buy and mod a Mazda because it's easy. Anybody can get a Honda and soup it up, but if you want to be hardcore you go Mazda.

Latest posts

Back