Check your hose!

cspcrx

Had a odd problem all of a sudden start last weekend. Pull from a stop the car stumbled and wanted to stall. Then it was fine, so I ran some injector cleaner through it figuring that was the problem. Car also started pinging, its only 70deg so that should not be happening. Then I get the check engine light. Autozone checks it and its lean in bank one. So after reading around at the hundreds of fixes for similar problems I decide to check the MAF to see if its dirty. While taking the air hose off, from the maf to the TB, I noticed it was split in several places by the accordion section of the hose. Pick up a new one from the deal, $60, 10 minutes to swap and problem fixed. Just a quick item to check if you have not and your having problems like this.

Car has 137k all in Arizona so the heat is really hard on this stuff. Speaking of hard, the difference between the new one and old was amazing. You would have thought that the one I took of was a hard molded plastic it was so hard. Just a heads up.

i have 180K now. and never had it break, i think i might change it just to prevent future trouble, am starting to see some cracking in it.... but it has not gone bad yet.

Back