Check out my Pix (Carbon Lights)

Dude it is funny you ask, all i did was take the factory air box off and went to auto zone and bought one of those bright ass blue air filter and tightened it down on the Factory intake hose. Then i made a bracket to hold it. I left the front piece that supposovly pulls air from under the hood attached, so the air intake will pull from it.
It is only temp. right now, but it made a huge difference in performance, also in the sound tone. After i first started it up i laughed my ass off. It sounded real deep especially after coming from 3500 rpms down to 1000. Try it out, the filter 20.00, bracket 2.28 at lowes and 10 mins of your time!!!!
Good luck, what did you think of the blue lights in the grill and the Stickers on the side mirrors. It really turns some heads in my hometown. The blue lights are better in person by far. :eek:

Yo TightMP3, I did the exact same thing :) Thats cool. I thought I was the only looser who wouldnt spring for an MHP piece of garbage. I'm glad I didnt. I too am getting pretty big performance just for putting a cone in place of the box. The only problem I had was that after taking off the air box, there was a sensor of some sort that had been plugged into it. I just left it hanging next to the filter and havent had any problems with it. Did you do the same?

Sure did, havent had a problem, just got the oil change again today and the guys at my mazda shop liked it alot. I just left the sensor out to. I think i am going to buy a carbon fiber CIA just for the looks sake. I am in the process of getting the throttle body geting bored about 4 mm bigger than what it was. Also noone has giving me the aok on getting any uder drive pulleys. Also i want to get the heads port polished $1600 just for the head, but that is them taking it off port polish and install it back on.

Yeah, I do like the grill lights. Where did you get those from and what kind are they. Have you thought of putting those new windshield washer lights on? A friend of mine has them on his Celica All-Trac and it looks pretty good. Explain how you did the intake again, I tried looking at the pic again but it's just not fitting together in my head. Do you have something connectint to the front of the cone? :confused:

I get it now! Sounds like a pretty good idea. Some people are saying that a real CAI actually takes some low end power away, so I'll probably just do what you did for now. But I do want a CAI because they look good. I'm going to wait until more people start making them first, then choose the best. Have you gotten new bulbs for your heads and fogs? AutoZone is running a special. Go to the topic in the "General" section, under fog lights. I told my story about the AutoZone bulbs. Just dont do it if the person working there knows a good bit about import cars. ;)

Back