check engine light

I was driving my wife to work on Saturday when I noticed the check engine light was on. So I took it down to the dealer and they said as long as it was not blinking then its not a big deal....yeah right this is nearly a brand new car. SO I took it back to them today for a service maybe nothing major is wrong. The only engine mod I have is a CAI and I got that in DEC. If anyone has had this problem let me know.:(

I had the check engine light on before, one of the oxygen sensors was faulty, they replaced it on warranty

The check engine light MAY come on when you have a CAI installed, too much O2 or too little O2 thru the intake. You will need to reset the sensors.

NOPE, and have only heard of getting a CEL when a new intake of ANY kind was first installed but resetting the ECU took care of that.....and have never had any problems at all. I am thinking your problem exists elsewere.

they fixed the problem at no cost it just took a few hours it was the purge valve sensor but it runnin great now.. haha back in action!

I have error codes P0170 and P0302 and now my check engine light is blinking. Ihave a 97 mazda protege DX with 88K miles. Any idea as to what is wrong??

All of this is 4-6 months old:
plugs, wires, dist cap. MAF system and sensor, battery, alternator,

boy thats one of my old posts. Do a search under codes and it should have something. If not PM me and Ill check and see.

Back