Check engine light

correfe said:
It is exactely 2 years that i have purchased a 2005 Mazda 3 GT- automatic transmission, and what do you know CHECK ENGINE LIGHT has come on. The car only has 33,300 Kms . I turned the car off in case was a miss read, but when i turned back on the light was still there. I checked all fluids, and they are all good.

Took the car to the dealer on Friday and SCAN CODE # P2188 came up - PURGE VALVE WAS STUCK and PURGE SOLENOID LEAKING and were replaced by the dealer under warranty.

25 kms down the road guess what (flame) CHECK ENGINE LIGHT (flame)

Taking it to the dealer again on Monday - since they are to busy to fix something on Saturday for a problem that looks like it was not fixed.

So after waiting 4 days for a wire harness for mass air sensor. finaly got the car back. The new codes were P2178 an P2188. Apperantly some of the mazdas have a bad ground wire that connects to the mass air sensor. Symptoms are laging in power on take off and occasional stalling.
I have now driven the car for 1000 Kms and light as not come on again.

Just some FYI ...The CEL should go off after a few days(certain amount of mileage)...resets itself. Double check gas cap is on tight and then wait a few days ..... should go off.

correfe said:
The new codes were P2178 an P2188.

DOES ANYBODY have complete list of the CEL codes on CX-7 (thought)

Installed my ScanGaugeII And i'm able to read codes but without a complete list the "P2178 or P2188" would not make much sense.

(help) needed

Last edited:
I received my CEL you Mofos jinxed me. According to the dealership I am having an evaparator error caused by the gas cap. I was told that this error was caused from the initial gas cap recall that the threading was worn off so it is not causing a tight seal, they would have to replace the gas gap and neck connector to the tank.

* I had them plug this into the obd port the error was something P2*** I believe*

Last edited:
Check Engine Light On

Aloha Everyone!

I just bought a used 2007 Grand Touring Edition CX-7 with 8000 miles on it, black which looks really hot. I already put about 2000+ miles on it. I go to turn it on this morning and the check engine light comes on, so I call the dealer and they said to check the gas cap because that is like a common problem, so I did and the light is still on. Will take it to the dealer on Weds for oil change and engine light, will let everyone know what the problem was. The person that owned this before me had a problem with the AC not being cold enough, it was a bad AC pump. Thanks for sharing!

Yesterday I got my first CEL at just under 4000 miles - checked the gas cap and of course that didn't put out the light (and I drove the car about 200 miles yesterday). Guess I have to call the dealership today and pray they can fix it tomorrow (because Weds I start my IM rotation which means 90+ hour work weeks and absolutely no time to take the car in until probably 2008!!! maybe i can take a sick day)

My 2007 CX 7 has had the CEL come on about 10 times in the year I had it! It has been gas cap issues and other emission problems. Today I took it in again, and now the gas cap needs to be replaced (mine is not under recall) and also the leak detection pump needs to be replaced. All for a hefty price of $425 plus tax! And I bought the best extended warranty Mazda had to offer, but it is not covering this. I am freakin' pissed now!

all messages have been looked after

All my error messages have been looked after in one shot.
Sold the mazda and purchased a Jeep Compass

My 2007 CX 7 has had the CEL come on about 10 times in the year I had it! It has been gas cap issues and other emission problems. Today I took it in again, and now the gas cap needs to be replaced (mine is not under recall) and also the leak detection pump needs to be replaced. All for a hefty price of $425 plus tax! And I bought the best extended warranty Mazda had to offer, but it is not covering this. I am freakin' pissed now!

Ummmm....NO. If you have the extended warranty then they HAVE to honor the warranty! NFW they would not cover this repair since it's completely unrelated to any type of maintenance you may have missed.

Call the dealership owner, try another dealer and call the states attorney general's office. All of the above would be my options.

Back