Changes to the Mazdaspeed section (please read)

Should the MSP section be changed?

• Yes (it needs help, see below)

Votes: 48 57.1%
  • No (leave it the mess that it is)

Votes: 36 42.9%

• Total voters

Matthew

Contributor
:
CX9, CX5, i8
Ok, since it has been mentioned to some of the admins and still no change, I've decided to try to help out some of the ridiculous posts in the MSP section.

Here is the proposed break down:

Mazdaspeed Protege
- Performance (exhausts, cams, pulleys, short shifters, etc)
- Forced Induction (q's about turbo, TT, BOVs, etc)
- Appearance (blacked out headlights, diff spoilers, etc)
- Photo/Videos (obvious)
- General (how much, benefits over regular protege, etc)
- Known Problems (discuss clunk, leaks, wierd noises, hesistation, ecu flash, etc)

any other suggestions for this sections and i will edit this post. please do NOT turn this into a suggestion war. i will add some more suggestions up above if necessary, but lets not turn this into a flame or anything. if we can get this to work, maybe we can break down the 3rd gen protege section, etc. if there is a lot of work moving threads, once the change is implemented, dispite the fact people didnt like me as a mod, id be more than willing to help move threads.

understand i am not the first, nor the last person to come up with this idea and am no way taking credit for the idea.

IF YOU DONT RESPOND, AT LEAST VOTE!!!! the goal is to get at least 150 votes for. if we get 10 people to vote for, that means almost nothing.

Last edited:
It is unnecessary. There are sections for all those things already. If the MSP folks don't want to be part of the whole site then let them start their own.

well they consistently show us that they think they are above us and need their own section. i disagree that it needs to be done. i think that everyone just needs to post in the right goddamn section, but it will never happen, so i would rather it at least be more organized bulls***.

besides, if they tried to start their own, it would never work, because 99 percent of all the people that know what the hell they are talking about have p5s, mp3s, sedans, etc because theyve been "in the know" since before the msp came out. only a few people have had one of the above cars and now own the msp. they would be some of the only useful posts in the new forum, besides people that have worked on cars for years, etc.

well i dont want to start a war or anything but.........

there are only so many msps compared to protege 5s and the sedans. if u make this special MSP section, others might get mad because we dont have out own section because, hey, we have a bigger production line than them.

that being said, i say make a new one to keep them happy :) lol peace - chris

point taken. maybe we could change the third gen protege section the same way if this works.

i will say this, heaven forbid if a p5 owner posts in the msp section after its changed (if its changed).

I'm not voting on this. I agree some organization might be needed, but this post pisses me off again.

What we should do is give matthew his own "lets b**** about MSP Owners" section

Honestly man, since you have been mod, I've never seen anyone else start so much anti-msp s***. and here we are again, in a thread where your trying to "help", and your dissing msp owners again.

This s*** is childish. to me a Mod should lead by example, not be starting or helping cause s***. Make your comments, or suggestions without insulting people.

MSP owners think their above everyone else? Give me a break

MSP owners don't know s***, and P5 owners know more? Come on man, is that really needed?

You really need to learn how to control these stereo-typical comments my friend. think before you type. Your only adding fuel to the fire.

you are an idiot, obviously. this is a continuation from another thread where ONCE again, people (msp owners) wanted their own section. so i said, ok, ill start a vote so you guys may get your way.

What we should do is give matthew his own "lets b**** about MSP Owners" section
not bitching, trying get them their own section like theyve wanted for months to try to alleviate the problem.

Honestly man, since you have been mod, I've never seen anyone else start so much anti-msp s***. and here we are again, in a thread where your trying to "help", and your dissing msp owners again.
im not a mod you idiot.

MSP owners don't know s***, and P5 owners know more? Come on man, is that really needed?
instead of SCANNING the thread, how about read the goddamn thing? i said that most of the owners that know s*** are either:
1) mp5, sedan, mp3 or 2nd gen owners
2) msp owners who used to own anything above
WHY DID I SAY THAT? since your stupid ass obviously didnt read the whole thread, i said it was because they have been out longer. its the same ******* engine. so someone who has been working on it since 02 on their sedan or p5, or 01 on their mp3, JUST MIGHT know a bit more than someone who just bought their msp. read.

You really need to learn how to control these stereo-typical comments my friend. think before you type. Your only adding fuel to the fire.
this is a typcial statement from someone like the idiot that got pissed because i was looking out for him in his sig when he misspelled a word so he didnt look like an idiot. just because i dislike a lot of people, and a lot happen to be msp owners, means nothing. i could give a **** less what car you drive. its not my fault a lot of ******* retards are msp owners. "i beat a ws6" and "my car runs 9s in the 1/4" and "i own 16 cars" and "im pissed cause my mom bought me a titanium instead of a black msp". there are just as many idiot p5 owners as well. the fact that you people take such offense, just shows how stupid you are.

some of you people are real idiots and should be shot.

yeh, i honestly found that rather ignorant....i may be a new msp owner, but i previously owned a sr powered 240sx and know a bit about turbo performance.....i guess every forum has a mod that feels that they are all powerful.

once again, MORON, im not a mod. and let me quote myself since you obviously cant read either:

besides people that have worked on cars for years, etc

oh, and newf, let me quote this, as i was obviously not trying to turn this into a flame:
i will add some more suggestions up above if necessary, but lets not turn this into a flame or anything

Last edited:
I think adding msp specific sections would be pretty pointless.

We kinda went though this when the mp3 came out, and then when alot of p5 users started to show up, but it was on a much smaller scale, and not as many users on the forums to piss off.

We do need some reoganization within the forums, Ive offered my suggestions before, and they went unnoticed in the staff section.

i say no, what makes the msp so special that it needs its own "forum"? nothing, not just people with msp but everyone needs to post in the right section so we dont have these types of problems.

I like how the only one so far to suggest that MSP's get there own section is a protege5 owner and how all the posts by MSP owners all say "no" to having there own section.

I agree with the other posts in that the MSP should not get it's own section, it's not necessary, there is no reaso to segregate us from everyone else. I'm tired of being lumped together with a small amount of other people. Not all MSP owners fit this giant "group" that it seems like everyone else lumps us into.

even though I don't think it should be needed; I'd be for the change. Then, the ones who "get it" like newf (who's the man btw) can still contribute where they know they will be getting/giving the best information, while people who have no idea what a search button is or don't understand specific organization of topics can waste time posting about and answering each others questions that have already been asked a million times elsewhere, and those who have seen the answer a million times, don't need to see it....

That way, we don't lump anyone into a big group and everyone can still be free to go back and forth if they want.

it makes sense in my head (spin)

funny thing is, i rarely go to the Protege5 section, or MP3 section. you dont see me complaining about a forum that doesnt really pertain to me, or my car.

This was suggested to try and assist the members in getting the info they need where they need it; ie, to make the forum more efficient. It's not intended to create a division between the MSP owners and other Mazda owners, just meant to make it easier on us all. If someone needs specific information on the MSP turbo setup, they presently post about it directly in the Mazdaspeed forum as opposed to using the Performance general forum. There are some very Mazdaspeed-specific issues that would benefit from more targeted organization, however in suggesting this I didn't take into account the possibility of "forum politics;" I certainly didn't intend to ruffle any feathers. Mathew was just making an attempt to create the opportunity for change... please don't fault him for his effort =)

If the administrators of this forum feel these changes are innapropriate, then so be it. I've been a moderator and administrator for forums like this for over 5 years now, and I've seen a lot of what works and what doesn't in that period of time... but I'm only one of the teeming throng who are participants at this forum. Please forgive my indulgence in trying to create some deeper organization and efficiency =)

I kind of like Matthews proposed MSP breakdown. Very well thought out. If it goes the way matthew has layed out it has my vote.

I'm referring to MSP owners as 'they" because I don't b**** about that section, because I'm hardly ever in it. I don't think they need their own section.
Like some one mentioned, they need to learn to use the rest of the forum. I shouldn't have to look in 2 or 3 different "performance" forums to try and find some helpful info.
I don't want to have to look in 2 different photos sections to find a picture of a certain persons car.
I use the whole forum just as most of the other people. It's so stupid trying to change the group as a whole to please a few. They need to learn to use the entire forum, simple as that. If they don't want to, then let them create their own board. You know they'll just come back here anyways:)

Back