~ CasopoliS' 2003.5 Titanium MSP Blog ~

CasopoliS

Contributor
:
05 Legacy GT, 06 Accord SE, Civic
From now on I am just going to add to this thread whenever I make a change to the car. This will help me keep track of my modifications and notes on performance on different setups.

History (reserved):

09/21/05

Shots of my new Pannauto FMIC. I just had Showdown Performance (Toledo, OH) weld on an aluminum flange for the HKS. I bought the HKS SSQV (with adjustment screw) from them for $200 which included the flange. Welding cost $35. I bought black heat wrap from DEI, which will be used to cover most of the cold pipe, and also cover the grinded area needed for welding (which was a little excessive IMO, but I am no welder).

Powdercoated by Injen's powdercoaters. Once I get some more hose clamps the zip-ties will go. Once I get more vac hose the BPV and BOV will each have dedicated source on BB (which is already tapped). Notice the blue silicone 1" tube for the BPV.
dscn0755medium4bd.jpg

Side shot. New filter soon... possibly the Apexi. I left the top of the cold pipe open for extra injectors, maf, etc.
dscn0756medium5ka.jpg

Other side. The heatshield has buffing compound on it here.... ready to be buffed. Looks like a mirror again but this is not seen in the picture.
dscn0757medium9ez.jpg

Another shot showing the new DGM grill recently purchased from Ben (Horsepowerfreak) for $170.
dscn0758medium1lx.jpg

Close-up of the valves and the soon to be replaced zip-ties. That blue 1" silicone hose was about $12 shipped for 1 foot off Ebay.
dscn0759medium1hx.jpg

The IC with a nice huge bug in it. Un-noticable cutting to the bumper support and a thin part near the outlet of the IC. The core is deep though... had to re-locate the power steering cooling line.
dscn0760medium0cc.jpg

With hood closed. Blue headlight covers on the way.
dscn0761medium7ue.jpg

I also recently installed an Apexi RSM (Rev Speed Meter) with G-Sensor which shows RPM, Speed, R/L F/R lateral G-force, gives 1/4 mile times, braking distances, 0-60, etc etc using the tach signal, speed signal, and calculated inertia from the G sensor. It can show moving plots, gauges, and much more... lots of fun. I will post a wire diagram soon (all splices) - only 4 wires!

Defi gauges, DaveB polished rings, Apexi RSM... I hate my digital, I can never take pics with it if it is not using the flash. Night or day. Who knows...
dscn0763medium1vp.jpg

Shot with the flash so you can see how the RSM is mounted. I cut a groove in the top of the radio trim so the wires could be pinched in place as you put the trim back on. Looks really clean. I will get some daytime pics up to replace this one.
dscn0766medium5ri.jpg

Night shot of the outside. Blue neon hidden in the bumper which lights up the IC. Rollin on steelies while I wait for my D2's.
dscn0775medium9iv.jpg

Last edited:
JBreed said:
I am not a fan of neons, but I like everything else. good job!

Thanks! I hid the neon so you could not see the bulb, and tried to make it very subtle. The neons under the dash were supposed to be hidden, but you can see the one on the driver's side between the steering wheel and trim. I must move it. I only like neons when the bulb is hidden.

For those who will ask....
The HKS SSQV with the Boost Sciences Diverter valve is a sweet combo. The sound is great. Very quiet under low boost / RPM, no turkey even at low RPM low boost / wonderfull sounding hiss under high boost.
I still get slight hesitation randomly. I just ordered NGK ZFR6F-11s and am going to clean my O2 sensors.

Hey nice car.

I noticed that your strut bearings do not match positions. You should definately fix that, and while you're at it rotate them so that the dots are facing the bottom bolt outer nuts.

nice car man. im wondering how the dv or bpv sounds. looks sick wonder if it's something i should look into. im thinking of just running the turboXS type h-34 bpv.
real nice car

take it easy
-dave

i like the fmic u have. im partial to the perrin fmic cause that is the biggest fm i have found so far. but your pipes might have a greater diameter and i wish i could use your pipes and that fmic. o well i'll just have to decide which one imma get. nice car again i like the color scheme.

-dave

Oh snap, old grill in action!

Looks good, I'm partial to Titanium though.... but find a new place to mount that A'PEXi RSM!

HorsepowerFreak said:
Oh snap, old grill in action!

Looks good, I'm partial to Titanium though.... but find a new place to mount that A'PEXi RSM!

everywhere else looked worse believe it or not. I am printing a custom mount with our 3-D printer at work. IT will sit a lot closer to the dash, and the mount will 'flow' out of the dash.

If it's just a RSM you don't need it in view all the time..... You should stick it in the glove box.

HorsepowerFreak said:
If it's just a RSM you don't need it in view all the time..... You should stick it in the glove box.

I like it becuase it can go crazy when I exceed my setpoint speed. This way when I am going too fast on the HWY this thing lets me know.
There is a lot of interface when calculating 1/4 times, so I kinda need to reach it for that. Plus seeing me hit 1 G around a turn is just fun.

doggman said:
nice car man. im wondering how the dv or bpv sounds. looks sick wonder if it's something i should look into. im thinking of just running the turboXS type h-34 bpv.
real nice car

take it easy
-dave

The BPV doesn't make any sound. the valves never make sound, its the air that makes the sound. My HKS vents enough to not hear surge. If you get the turbo XS only, then you will hear surge or 'turkey'. If you put a BOV in the mix to get rid of the built up pressure you will elimnate surge but still recirculate enough to make the engine happy.

see that's the weird part tho, i dont see any other type of turbo car running a dual bpv bov setup unless it's a sicko supra or something that's boosting crazy hi. it seems like a singla bpv should be able to let the air out. if it couldnt why do "every other" turbo car only use one...?

-dave

doggman said:
see that's the weird part tho, i dont see any other type of turbo car running a dual bpv bov setup unless it's a sicko supra or something that's boosting crazy hi. it seems like a singla bpv should be able to let the air out. if it couldnt why do "every other" turbo car only use one...?

-dave

bpv does not let air out

Back