Carputer in Mazda 3s

awesome. . i just finished my mazda 3 carputer install. . . ..it was a b**** and i have to build a new shutdown controller but its' all good

Please please please post your pin on the map and/or sign the guestbook. I got over 10k unique visitors and only 13 people have signed it.

Ok guys. Finally updated it again. Got 3 new pics up there and will be adding a new section to the FAQ tonight.

I got voice activation now. So when I start up the car I can just say a few commands and it will automatically bring up whatever I tell it to. I can play, pause, stop, next song, previous song, open navigation, and many many more things!

Also put in a new switch to power up the computer. Its located where my cigarette lighter would be. The ring around it glows red which goes along with my entire color scheme.

Not really sure what Im gonna add next, dont have much left.

nappyjim said:
Not really sure what Im gonna add next, dont have much left.

mold in the screen. . .it will look 100000x nicer that way. . .i know cuase i just did one like 2 months ago on a 3 hatch

^^^^ I really want to, but have NO skill with bondo or fiberglass. I already tried it once and it turned out horrible. Wanna do mine and ill pay ya?

Added a little video below the thumbnailed pics, just showing a quick overview of the computer playiing music, video, gps, and internet. It was shot with a digital camera, so quality isnt too good.

Updated the page. I know have the screen molded into the dash. I think it looks much better. 2 newest pics are the last one in the thumbnails.

Real sweet setup yo. Still messing around and adding things? I'm addicted to modding my car, working my way up slowly to your level.

(band2)

FreeStyLinDrive said:
Real sweet setup yo. Still messing around and adding things? I'm addicted to modding my car, working my way up slowly to your level.

(band2)

well, adding is on hold, till i pay of the CC. I want to add OBD2 support next.

FreeStyLinDrive said:
Sweet, about how much will that run ya?

OBD2 readers are around $150-220. Im waiting for some nice software to come out so everything looks nice on the computer screen. It will be awesome though, I will be able to tap into any sensor that is on the car, see real time mpg calculation, gas tank level, temperatures, oil level, everything.

Awesome. i am a computer nerd, and I know how the interiors and bodies are put together as well as basic wiring from the harness and door panels etc but I have no expertice in saudering, running wires to battery and or relay's etc. Id like something in like this in my car butid want something a little stronger (athlon xp mobile perhaps with a decent grfx card). Power consumption needed is going to be in the 300 watt range for the machine. Would this be possible or are there certain power supplies needed for automobiles ( i dont know how shaking and vibration would effect PC hardware). Thanks.

imho, for 300 watts, you should run an inverter. i think there are some "intelligent power controllers" that can interface with intverters to turn them on or off when needed (eg ignition signal). search mp3car.com for more info, i think its called the DSC something or other...could be wrong.

nappyjim said:
well, adding is on hold, till i pay of the CC. I want to add OBD2 support next.
We aren't running obdII. We have CAN bus, which is like a beta version of OBDIII. OBD II readers won't talk to our cars, not without a CAN bus adapter. I had to order one for my Snap-On scanner (MODIS) and it ain't cheap.

CAN is still OBDII, it's just a different interface language. There are like 8 or 10 different interfaces with OBDII, CAN is just the newest and therefore the least compatible with most scanners.

Back