Can't get comfortable!!

i have no complaints about the seat comfort.. i like it. and im 6'6. i feel perfectly comfy in it.

Clearly this discussion will go on and on and on with little or no agreement. One thing is clear, the CX-5 is not everyone's cup of tea comfort-wise. Can we just let it go at that?

^ Not likely on the internet, especially an automotive forum.

My only problem is that the headrest is to far back and the headrest is not adjustable forward. I will look into finding some tilting ones from some luxury cars. I'm not keeping the backrest at 90 degrees.

My only problem is that the headrest is to far back and the headrest is not adjustable forward. I will look into finding some tilting ones from some luxury cars. I'm not keeping the backrest at 90 degrees.
This is the first comment I've seen that the headrest is too far back. On the other hand, I have seen many complaints about it being too far forward and people turning it around backwards to get it to move back some.

Personally I've never had an issue either way. More to the point, I didn't realize anyone actually uses the headrest to rest their heads while driving. Of course, on the passenger side on a long trip is a different story, so maybe that is what all the fuss is about?

Personally I've never had an issue either way. More to the point, I didn't realize anyone actually uses the headrest to rest their heads while driving. Of course, on the passenger side on a long trip is a different story, so maybe that is what all the fuss is about?
The fuss (for me anyway) is that with the seatback at the desiresd angle, the headrest tends to smack me in the back of the head over bumpy roads.

I could not even consider the Sport or Touring model when I shopped for my CX-5. I needed the 8 way adjustable seat in the GT to lift the front of the seat. With that adjustment made it sort of slides you back against the killer lumbar support which I push all the way out. Just like my mattress I need a firm support that may seem stiff at first but gives me comfort for the long haul, like the recent 12 hour drive to the Outer banks where the GT seats were a blessing. My only complaint is the skinny width of the front seats. I'm 5'8" 165 lbs and they fit me a little tight... But any other seats in cars I test drove were not as good for me. Others either lacked lumbar support, felt soft, or lacked that tilt adjustment on the lower seat...

I could not even consider the Sport or Touring model when I shopped for my CX-5. I needed the 8 way adjustable seat in the GT to lift the front of the seat. With that adjustment made it sort of slides you back against the killer lumbar support which I push all the way out. Just like my mattress I need a firm support that may seem stiff at first but gives me comfort for the long haul, like the recent 12 hour drive to the Outer banks where the GT seats were a blessing. My only complaint is the skinny width of the front seats. I'm 5'8" 165 lbs and they fit me a little tight... But any other seats in cars I test drove were not as good for me. Others either lacked lumbar support, felt soft, or lacked that tilt adjustment on the lower seat...
I shimmed up the front mounting points of my Touring seats for this very reason.

I guess the smarter thing to do would have been trade it in for a new GT with 8-way adjustable seat.

I guess the smarter thing to do would have been trade it in for a new GT with 8-way adjustable seat.

Well when you modify the mount and bolt's force/cross sectional area, thus changing the shear stress... I'll take an uncomfortable seat over the chance of a 80lb seat getting dislodged and my 180lb body smacking against something in an event of a crash.

I'm not resting my head on it, I'm worried, that in an accident it won't be close enough.
I'm not keeping my backrest vertical and this way the headrest is way back. It would be nice to have a headrest tilt feature as the luxury cars have.

The headrests are fine as is with the position now. The CX-5 comes with active head restraints which in an event of the vehicle being rear ended, the head restraints will move forward, cushioning rearward movement of the head, thus reducing serious neck injuries. The high score in crash ratings don't come from nothing.

The headrests are fine as is with the position now. The CX-5 comes with active head restraints which in an event of the vehicle being rear ended, the head restraints will move forward, cushioning rearward movement of the head, thus reducing serious neck injuries. The high score in crash ratings don't come from nothing.
Well it's comforting to know that the CX-5's "headrests are fine as is with the position now" even though half the owners here don't find them particularly comfortable. Thank God the IIHS's crash ratings bear witness to yoru POV. Say, did you by any chance work for a quasi-government bureaucracy in a previous life?

Why don't you go to any of the given competitor's forums and search for "uncomfortable headrest" and get back to me. Go shoot for an entry level small SUV/CUV if you want adjustments that fit all.

Back