Canadian 2017 GT questions...

A safety check is only required when you are selling a used car.
Insuring a new car doesn't require a safety check.
There shouldn't be any insurance issue with this TPMS business.
Shouldn't is the key word, and you're right, until insurer decides to give you hard time. Is $200 worth an ordeal of the car beeping at you all the time? I dunno. ..

Shouldn't is the key word, and you're right, until insurer decides to give you hard time. Is $200 worth an ordeal of the car beeping at you all the time? I dunno. ..

How is the insurer going to give him a hard time?
I've been driving for close to 50 years, and never in all that time has an insurance company asked me if I have any fault lights or check engine light on.
Nor have they ever asked me if anything on my vehicle is broken.
They're only interested in you buying their policy, and then renewing every year.
It's a new car, so I doubt his insurer will ask if his TPMS light is on, or if his ABS works or not, or any other such technical question.
On the contrary, he'll probably get a discount because he's running winter tires. I do.

I do to, and all my rims that are supposed to have TPMS sensors, have them. I digress, one can drive on square wheels, if they prefer to. Your car, your money, your decision, who am I to argue with 50 years of driving experience with my 35...

Back