2017~2024 Can you disable power tailgate button inside?

fernie2002chs

:
2017 CX5 GT
Is there a way to disable power tailgate button inside on 2017 CX5, I have a bike rack, and I always carry a baby stroller in the trunk, But Im so used to opening tailgate from button inside without thinking, My bike rack is hitch mounted but has a feature that allows it to swing out manually allowing tailgate to open. I have rented a GMC Yukon and I remember it having a disable button for power tailgate. Maybe a fuse I can take out? or unplugging the button from the back? any smart ideas?

Is there a way to disable power tailgate button inside on 2017 CX5, I have a bike rack, and I always carry a baby stroller in the trunk, But Im so used to opening tailgate from button inside without thinking, My bike rack is hitch mounted but has a feature that allows it to swing out manually allowing tailgate to open. I have rented a GMC Yukon and I remember it having a disable button for power tailgate. Maybe a fuse I can take out? or unplugging the button from the back? any smart ideas?

First you have to find out if it can be opened manually. Though there are 2 switches, the other one is for the lock I think. There's another thread here saying that you cannot op0en the liftgate when you lock the doors. You can give it a try and keep us updated.

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123862017-Power-liftgate-question

Just use some black electrical tape and cover it up

Problem solved :D

Latest posts

Back