can our p5's sound like..

Shasta said:
What does a P5 sound like with a nice aftermarket exhaust?

with my baby n1 exhaust and some engine mods i have, mines sounds like a honda. (1krpm - 4.5krpm is a different sound and when i hit 5krpm to my redline is a different sound, kinda like i have a vtech like those rsx)

I would make a sound clip of the Mazdaspeed Axle-back but my car sounds like a V-twin right now and I cant really drive it... I cant figure out how to tune the MPI I just installed.

kura808 said:
i see. owell so much for sounding like a wrx lol. i'm getting the mazdaspeed axleback(the one that drones lol) soon and i'm curious of what i'd sound like.i know it drones at highway speeds but i dont drive 75 or higher lol.our speed limits are 60 here heh.

heres the sound file i found hehe.it was posted by smithers_0990 almost 3 yrs ago.

http://www.msprotege.com/members/smithers_0990/Sound Clip Exhaust.wma

heh i loved the sound of it as soon as i heard it.
this sounds like the wrx to me.

clicknext said:
Yeah, it's not the turbo, or the exhaust. It's the type of engine, and ours just does not sound like that.
Actually it is mostly the exhaust. The reason for the sound is extremely uneven length exhaust runners due to the type of engine (boxer). They make equal lengh headers for the scoobies that eliminate that sound.

EDIT: Once video's up of my dyno runs today, I'll post up so you can hear what she sounds like. I personally love how mine sounds, but I'm a little biased ;)

Yea Scubies have a very unique sound. My friend has a 2.5 rs with a Stromung exhaust with borla headers and I love the sound of that thing. I can prolly recognize a subaru by the sound better than any other car.

The GReddy Evo2 exhaust and the MAM catless midpipe sound amazing together. Like I almost want to make babies with it. Its very pretty sound.

jonlong said:
I've got a MazdaSpeed Axleback w/ a stock exhaust. I can make a sound clip of it. It sounds perfect with the cold air intake. Quiet and deep when you're just driving around, but a nice powerful deep sound when you get on the gas or are coasting with the car in gear.

i'd like to hear that plz i'm gonna get a ms axleback soon hehe

every1 should make little clips of their cars lol.that old n/a sound thread has been dead for a while or ya guys can revive it lol

boxer engine in a p5 would be tits. not the fake ones either. large natural double Qs

i would love it if my p5 would sound like an wrx. but i think id rather have the wrx.
im def a fan of the way scoobies sound, why would you wanna make it so that they dont sound like a scoobie?

redpr5 said:
i would love it if my p5 would sound like an wrx. but i think id rather have the wrx.
im def a fan of the way scoobies sound, why would you wanna make it so that they dont sound like a scoobie?
equal length headers generally = mo powa. My guess is it does for the subies as well.

just got my new mazdaspeed exhaust installed.man u were right kansei, i love the sound. anywayz with the tuneup and exhaust my car seems to be more responsive.especially when gas it one.

after puttin on my hsk exhaust. . it does sound like a wrx. If you were to change your piping to straight pipe then it wouldn't

hehe owell its ok though.i like my new ms exhaust lol.its loud but its got that little rumble.plus i dont hear rice xD

luditicks said:
after puttin on my hsk exhaust. . it does sound like a wrx. If you were to change your piping to straight pipe then it wouldn't

I gotta be frank with you..

IMO the "WRX SOUND" that we are talking about is a completly unique sound from the layout and firing sequence of the Flat-4 motor.

It is not possible to recreate.

aMaff said:
equal length headers generally = mo powa. My guess is it does for the subies as well.
ah gotcha. id still rather have the badass sound and not as much power tho

Back