can our p5's sound like..

kura808

:
'02.5 MP5
..a wrx? i read somewhere on the forums that our engines are different as compared to other 4 bangers out there in that it sounds lower.anywayz i was searching the forums and i found a mazdaspeed axleback sound clip and it kinda reminded me of a wrx.(i like that low rumbly sound) so is it possible that the exhaust can make it sound somewhat like a wrx?plz dont tell me to get a wrx cause where i live, everywhere u look u see a modded wrx haha.anywayz i'm in love wit my p5 xD

No matter what exhaust you put on our inline 4 it won't sound like a boxer engine. They make such a beautiful noise :)

The fact that our cars are not turboed makes me want to say no, our cars cannot sound like them unless turboed. Plus the motor does have a very distinctive sound!

dinux said:
The fact that our cars are not turboed makes me want to say no, our cars cannot sound like them unless turboed. Plus the motor does have a very distinctive sound!

It's a boxer engine-- completely different animal.

Yeah, it's not the turbo, or the exhaust. It's the type of engine, and ours just does not sound like that.

Like this... :D

<embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s10.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/mspeedP5/Auto-X Videos/Mark-MiniSprint04-11-04.flv"></embed>

awesome......is that Westwood??? What exhaust system still gives you the nice quiet drive but when you want to have fun and pull the revs is opens up? The reason I ask is the dealership I have purchased the car from is going to have a look when its getting the safety to see if the stainless Maganaflow with tip that has been there forever will fit (they think it might be for a Protege ) so they said if I want it, they will put it on.

Last edited:
i see. owell so much for sounding like a wrx lol. i'm getting the mazdaspeed axleback(the one that drones lol) soon and i'm curious of what i'd sound like.i know it drones at highway speeds but i dont drive 75 or higher lol.our speed limits are 60 here heh.

heres the sound file i found hehe.it was posted by smithers_0990 almost 3 yrs ago.

http://www.msprotege.com/members/smithers_0990/Sound Clip Exhaust.wma

heh i loved the sound of it as soon as i heard it.

The Mazdaspeed axleback has a really nice sound to it, you'll love it. It's a really low sorta growly sound :) If you keep your speed at 70ish the drone isn't bad at all. Plus, with the rest of your exhaust stock it won't be too loud in general. Mazda wouldn't have offered it as an oem option if it was that intolerable haha.

thanks xD i cant wait to have it installed haha. hey kansei can u make a sound clip of ur car plz? i'm curious of what it sounds like hehe unless ya already uploaded one

Well I need to make a sound clip anyway.. but I don't have a Mazdaspeed axleback anymore, I haven't in about 2 years.

Right now I have the racing beat catback, mam catted midpipe, and corksport downpipe off my turbo. It sounds really nice.

Well I'm bored so I'm going to go do a little shoveling and then I'll take the car out for a drive and do video.. it'll all be from inside the car though, far too cold outside to videotape haha.

I've got a MazdaSpeed Axleback w/ a stock exhaust. I can make a sound clip of it. It sounds perfect with the cold air intake. Quiet and deep when you're just driving around, but a nice powerful deep sound when you get on the gas or are coasting with the car in gear.

Back