Called it *accident*

As for the Tuscon... gotta say so far: color me impressed.
It has better brakes then the CX5 and feels almost peppier. Can you believe that? I need more time to really confirm but it's not as 'driving a busy' as the Cherokee is.
Yea, so far feels a smidge quicker then the CX5... except for one thing.... it feels like it is NOT meant to be punched. When I get on the freeway by my house I almost always punch it. The freeway is near empty at this point so I hit the floor and scoot over to the high speed lane pretty quickly. The Mazda is PLANTED when I do this. It feels like it was designed for that. PLANTED is the only word I can think of after doing that with the Tuscon today. Contrary to the CX5 it feels squirrely. Like it's sort of losing grip on one tire or another. Like it needs a split second to compose itself before taking off. Like it might lose, or does lose, traction a bit as it takes off.
This could be the difference between AWD and FWD though. The Tuscon is FWD.

Glad everyone walked away unhurt!

Re: the squirrely nature of the Tuscon, I just wanted to say that It may not be the car. Check the tire pressures before you do that merge thing again. I rent cars a lot for work, and I've noticed that just about every single rental I get has the tires either inflated to the maximum allowable pressure or they are crazily overinflated. This tends to result in that squirrely handling you were talking about. If I'm renting for a day I tend to let it be, but if I plan to have the car for a few days I always check and set the tire pressures correctly before I go too far.

That kind of sounds like a bit of torque steer
Having had a half dozen Saabs over the years, I am intimately familiar with torque steer. This ain't that.
I'll check the air pressure. Thanks for that tip.

When my car was in the shop they gave me a Dodge Journey which blows major chunks.

Haven't checked tires yet but took it out tonight with the family. It is not a bad car at all. Hard to compare apples to apples because it's a base model but driveability wise I would put it just below the CX5 and above the Cherokee.
Also, sidenote AA and ACP both allow touchscreen access while moving.

Last edited:
Hate when someone drives with cell phone to their face and not really paying attention. I wish I had an onboard jammer in my car if you know what I mean!!!

Cpkn8GNWYAIZq9g.jpg

Haven't checked tires yet but took it out tonight with the family. It is not a back car attached all. Hard to compare apples to apples because it's a base model but driveability wise I would put it just below the CX5 and above the Cherokee.
Also, sidenote AA and ACP both allow touchscreen access while moving.

Just about everyone other than Mazda does!

Ive thought the last few Hyundai/Kia rentals
I had were decent.

Heated seats are better then Mazdas, too. Seems like everyone's are.
Oh and it's not the DRL I like it's this other light thing over the front light. Not even sure when it comes on. LoL. I only see it after I park.
So I looked up the Tuscon for pricing. Top of the line "Ultimate" trim is just under $32. But then I saw something that would keep me from ever considering a Tuscon. The 2nd tier trim is called,: Value.
"Yeah, I just picked up the Tuscon Ultimate....what's yours?"
"I got the Tuscon....Value"
Any company that thinks "Value" is a good name for a trim level will never get my business. Way to make yourself look like the budget brand.
SE, SEL, Sport....Value?!?! SEL Plus, Limited, Ultimate.
Nope.
It's the little things.
95a1d6e64f0e5fb5ea02595cba9a21da.jpg

What's the problem with your seats? Mine are fast and hot-- love em. They keep me warm while the engine warms up enough to turn the CC on.

What's the problem with your seats? Mine are fast and hot-- love em. They keep me warm while the engine warms up enough to turn the CC on.

Too subjective I guess. Half the folks here say theyre too weak, others say they roast their ass.

Just like the rain sensing wipers. Half say great, half say useless in rain, even worse in snow.

Mine do not get hot that fast. They do get hot enough to where I need to turn it down but I'm 10-15 minutes into my drive by then.

Oh and it's not the DRL I like it's this other light thing over the front light. Not even sure when it comes on. LoL. I only see it after I park.
So I looked up the Tuscon for pricing. Top of the line "Ultimate" trim is just under $32. But then I saw something that would keep me from ever considering a Tuscon. The 2nd tier trim is called,: Value.
Any company that thinks "Value" is a good name for a trim level will never get my business. Way to make yourself look like the budget brand.
Nope.
It's the little things.

Therefore you like Volvos..I mean agreed its not a great choice but dead to you as a brand as a result? To me I think I'm more offended by the "ultimate" moniker, at least value is closer to the truth! 2 words Hyundai Tucson..decent, reliable(ish), good wrty, but ultimate? Notsa much.

Last edited:
I like the seats but they can def be hotter, they get pretty warm after 1st 5 or 10 but don't maintain as good as they could.

I remember hearing years ago that before you buy a car you should rent it and drive it around for awhile. As someone that rents cars frequently for work, it is SO true. It's the little things that start to drive you crazy. Driving rentals is what made me decide on the CX-5 (thanks National). I used to have a Murano, and loved it. When car shopping now I was looking for something a little smaller and thought to Rogue would be great. I absolutely hate driving them because I feel like I need to beg it to get up to speed (Sport and regular). I find the Rav4 to have a hideous interior (funny, I just picked one up today at the airport for two days). I will take an Altima over a Camry every time, Hyundai are SO hit or miss. Every one you drive feels completely different. The Mercedes drives me nuts because they tried too hard to be different (the cruise control alone is enough to piss me off). I don't like the new Jeeps (Cherokee or Compass) the interior is boring and it's features are awful. Their lane-keep assist almost wrenches the steering wheel away because it doesn't recognize freeway exits. Yes it's easy to turn off, but it should just work better! As for the CX-5... I just want to use the touchscreen! I know it has the knob, so does my MINI. But I want the option.

Agree Altima over Camry. Sister just bought a loaded Altima. It's nice.
As for Volvo, I'd ditch them too if they had a "Value" trim. But no, they have the T5, the Inscription and the Polestar. You're really comparing the 2? Having a trim called Value tells me everything I need to know about your brand.
To be fair, I'm not in love with Mazdas names either. But they aren't awful.
I told ya before, I'm shallow.

First time I heard Hyundai mentioned in a "value" model was on Price is Right and they were giving away one for free.

Too subjective I guess. Half the folks here say they*re too weak, others say they roast their ass.

Just like the rain sensing wipers. Half say great, half say useless in rain, even worse in snow.

Well then turn them on "low" or "medium", if they are too hot on high. Simple.

Nope.
It's the little things.

ROFL! On this we agree. If I had the money, I could start my own company. We could have trim levels like

"The 1%'er"
"Middle Classer"
"Struggling Student"
"The Poors"

Back