caliper rebuild kit

BOOSTR

1 OWNR MSP
Somebody has to have obtained an inexpensive caliper rebuild kit. O-ring and a dust cover. If so where did you get it from?
http://www.brakewarehouse.com/

Centric parts 143.45019
$7.99 + shipping.

Last edited:
Yep that is right. Oem is $45 by the way.
Just click on the website and select 01 Mazda 626 V6 front caliper and enter brake hardware, the caliper rebuild kit is in that section.

My piston was not retracting all of the way but the caliper slides freely, the dust cover is intact and it does not leak. No noise or scraping. If you have a frozen caliper or a leaking one than just get an aftermarket caliper-unloaded. I caught mine in time so I am just going to rebuild it and hope it last for a bit longer. For $7.99 I have nothing to lose. (WRONG)

Last edited:
Amazon.com had the kit for less and the shipping was cheaper also than what the brakewarehouse wanted.
$3.38 + $6.33 shipping. Whatta deal.
FYI TO ANYONE THAT STUMBLED ACROSS THIS

You'd have to be insane to buy the OEM caliper kit offered by Mazda or another vendor. $45 & $60 is way too much to pay for an o-ring and dust seal.

Last edited:
I trust Centric products but there are other companies that I wouldn't trust with brake components. Thanks for the find, I need to rebuild my calipers.

Good find for sure. Glad I checked that first site for availability and then googled the part number.

No one should pay $45 or $60 for these!

Rebuild is done, replaced seal and o-ring on both calipers. Right front caliper had rust buildup on the the inner cylinder groove for the o-ring, which was causing the sticking. That piston was a b**** to extract. Left front came out like butter. A bit more work than expected but I'm glad I did not need a new calipers.

by potentially sacrificing safety and reliability of your brake components, you chose to save some bucks on the rebuild kit? :rolleyes:

this so-called "kit" doesn't come with s*** at all

if you did things right and bought the kit from mazda, it would come with:
slider pin boots
piston dust boots
piston seals
slider pin/seal grease
slider pin end caps

yes, a complete overhaul kit for BOTH calipers to let the job done right!

by potentially sacrificing safety and reliability of your brake components, you chose to save some bucks on the rebuild kit? :rolleyes:

this so-called "kit" doesn't come with s*** at all

The piston dust boot and seal are really the only important components. The slider parts fare much better. But to do a 100%, almost new rebuild... every little part, even the fasteners should be replaced.

blah-blah-blah! There was nothing wrong with my slider pin boots, slider pins, or end caps. I have plenty of grease on hand always. Some people are just oem parts advocates which is fine for them. I didn't scarifice s*** and simply did what was needed without paying too much for things that were not. Its that simple and my calipers function 100% like they are supposed to now.

Just for those who may need additional parts but do not want to pay too much for that special oem kit.

Beck Arnley #0717935 kit $14.95, supplies end caps, seals and all boots. no pins though.

Wagner #H18042 pin boot kit $4.99

Raybestos #H15174 pin $5.99

Permatex #20356 Ultra Disc Brake Caliper Lube $3.38
or
Permatex #24124 Ceramic Extreme Brake Lubricant $3.79

Its your money so spend it unwisely if you so choose!

A great find,...my front pass side caliper seezed, took apart and found the accordian seal with a hole in it, the very outside of the piston rusty and sticking to the caliper,...yes I could spend the $90 for a rebuilt caliper, OR the $7 dolllar kit at Rock Auto,...clean up the piston/caliper with some brake cleaner and a scotchbrite pad and put it all back together.
With the money I save I'm gonna take my grrlfren out to dinner,...cheers.

Just for those who may need additional parts but do not want to pay too much for that special oem kit.

Beck Arnley #0717935 kit $14.95, supplies end caps, seals and all boots. no pins though.

Wagner #H18042 pin boot kit $4.99

Raybestos #H15174 pin $5.99

Permatex #20356 Ultra Disc Brake Caliper Lube $3.38
or
Permatex #24124 Ceramic Extreme Brake Lubricant $3.79

Its your money so spend it unwisely if you so choose!

I purchased today the Beck-Arnley kit # 071-7935 from Amazon.com. Looks to be the exact same kit as the ones we purchased from Mazda previously.

We are rebuilding the calipers on the race car (yes, we use the stock Mazdaspeed brakes on the race car!(wow)).

I'll let all those interested know how the kit worked out since it is definitely cheaper than any price I can get from Mazda!! (2thumbs)

I just bought Centric rebuild kits for all four corners from Jeff at ProParts/Tri-Point. Much better than purchasing through Amazon.

Back