cai or sri????

hey should i get a mazdaspeed cai?? or a cobb or pg sri?? the only thing with the cai im scared of hydrolocking but let me know what you guys think

get an sri cause its easy to take out for dealer visits and much cheaper
performance is pretty much identical :)

SRI.. save you money.. instead of gettin a ms6 cai. for almost the same price you can get a cobb turbo inlet pipe and sri

I'm happy with my MS CAI, just gotta be sure not to drive through a lake! My MS6 doesn't compare in ride height to my old slammed integra GSR which had an AEM CAI so I'm not that worried.

(drinks)

iight well i bought a used ms cai for 125 bucks not bad :) the guy i bought it off was cool he ran a 13.1 with only a cai,test pipe, bov, and a short shifter

lol hes lying. There is NO WAY possible to run a 13.1 in a speed 6 with a cai / test pipe/ and bov.

Maybe if he was naked with full carbon fiber car, fully gutted out, with slicks . . . .

My only complaint with the MS CAI is that I've had issues with the filter getting wet and blocking airflow, causing my MAF to go wacky. I made a quick splash shield with some aluminum roof flashing, and the problem went away.

If you want a CAI, check the marketplace and see if anyone has a used one for sale. Pick up a new filter from AEM or Amsoil and you'll be all set.

CAI is kinda pointless on a turbo car bc no matter what way you look at it the only cooler effect you see is from your intercooler. when you compress anything especially air that quickly it heats up drasticly... to put it simple the air path is as followed...

Intake - Turbo (HOT) - intercooler (cool down) - intake mani - engine... get the point? SRI FTW

CAI is kinda pointless on a turbo car bc no matter what way you look at it the only cooler effect you see is from your intercooler. when you compress anything especially air that quickly it heats up drasticly... to put it simple the air path is as followed...

Intake - Turbo (HOT) - intercooler (cool down) - intake mani - engine... get the point? SRI FTW

I have to disagree with ya on this one. The colder your initial air is, the lower the temp will be. It may only be a few degrees, but colder starting temps = colder final temps. This can be changed with an intercooler upgrade, but the concept remains the same.

IMO not to start a pissing match of course, but i would rather have a more direct path and a freer flow of air then try to save a few degrees. i can only speak from my experience which is when i switched from a SRI to CAI and back to a modded SRI i felt the best results with the SRI. i am not argueing that you will go down aq few degrees with a CAI but i dont think it was too signifagant in my case.

IMO not to start a pissing match of course, but i would rather have a more direct path and a freer flow of air then try to save a few degrees. i can only speak from my experience which is when i switched from a SRI to CAI and back to a modded SRI i felt the best results with the SRI. i am not argueing that you will go down aq few degrees with a CAI but i dont think it was too signifagant in my case.

I wasn't either, just throwing a different perspective into the mix.

Has anyone officially dyno'ed with the MS CAI and the Cobb and got their own results. The CAI was 'claimed' at ~29hp gain vs. the SRI at ~15, but that was from the manufacturer, not independent.

Back