Cabin wind noise

SDL

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 GT
2016 CX9 is usually quiet, but when getting at 70+ mph, I hear some wind noise inside, like the car is not properly sealed. I went to a car wash last week and found soap residue on the back cargo door towards the top.
Anyone else experience this? You can't hear it if you have the stereo on.. but if you mute it, can you hear wind noise at speeds of around 70?

i mostly just hear tire/road noise at that speed....if i hear wind, it's nothing out of the ordinary for me.

i mostly just hear tire/road noise at that speed....if i hear wind, it's nothing out of the ordinary for me.

One of the few things I really don't like about this suv are the tires. At times it feels like your front bearings are warn out and at other times it feels perfectly fine.

Yes...I mostly hear tire and road noise...but also some wind, I think coming from the doors? I'm not sure what normal is since I last drove a 2002 car that was pretty banged up and needless to say loud. I was expecting a better seal on this...at least not hear any wind noise.
I measured the noise with my phone today and it averaged 68 dB (for 2 minutes while going 70+).

Latest posts

Back