c the new eclipse??

cycoutMSP03.5

:
2003.5 Blazin' Yellow Mazdaspeed Protege
I don't like it, it looks too much like a hyundai tiburon... anyone's else opinions??

ry

(dance) (dance) (dance) (dance) (dance) (dance) (dance) (dance) (dance)

i saw one, i think they look too big. interesting design in parts, but as a whole, i'm not sold. they could've made the front look so much more aggressive with better headlights.

mountjonas said:
i saw one, i think they look too big. interesting design in parts, but as a whole, i'm not sold. they could've made the front look so much more aggressive with better headlights.

4 shizzle ^

mountjonas said:

if they had just made it rwd, i think it would be good

i saw one this morning, fugly!!!!!

i just looks weird rollin down the street

For the price of a loaded one, you could buy an Evo, sTi, Mustang GT, RX-8 or 350z.

Last edited:
using the money as toilet paper has better use than buyin that ugly pos...

Its a sorry knockoff of the 99-02 Merc Cougars -- hell watch the commercials, when it drives thru the smoke a "cougar" head type logo even shows up (although I think its supposed to be a snake head).

Pe@ce

The commercial is the worst part. They show all cars bowing down to the eclipse. Did anybody notice what the first car that bows is? ...give me a break, a 3rd Gen RX7? ...riiiiight :rolleyes:

Car and Driver did not like it in the majority of their tests I believe.

it was in this months car & driver and MT......not really sure if i like it. will have to see one in person.....

i saw one at the local mazda store (they sell mitsu's as well...i used to work there)...the fosgate system in it hits like a mofo...and it's got some WIDE ass tires...other than that, they're kinda blah

I like the looks of this eclipse better than the last one. The lines are similar to the 90's model and performace numbers have improved --> 4cyl has 162hp and the V6 produces a nice 263hp and 260ft-lbs.

Can I see this commercial online somewhere? I went to mitsubishis website and they had two commercials on there, but neither were the one with the cars bowing.

I'd like it if only they'd change the design of it. damn that thing must have driven through the ugly forest and hit every tree on its way out

It looks like a mercury cougar...

I saw one this past weekend with the front end all smashed up on a flatbet hauler.

acidburn said:
I like the looks of this eclipse better than the last one. The lines are similar to the 90's model and performace numbers have improved --> 4cyl has 162hp and the V6 produces a nice 263hp and 260ft-lbs.

Yeah but those 263 horses need to pull something around 3800 lbs. If the car wasn't a big fat pig, it might actually be a decent performer.

i saw a ton of sleazy looking dudes and sorority chicks driving the last gen eclipse. i'd imagine that this will be no different.

jersey_emt said:
Yeah but those 263 horses need to pull something around 3800 lbs. If the car wasn't a big fat pig, it might actually be a decent performer.

That's true. Although, almost every sports car these days are heavy. The majority of them top the 3k lb mark. Although, this one is about 200-300 lbs heavier then a Z.

Back