Bye bye Old Bose system!

chuyler1 said:
I'm sure you could go lower than 80Hz on those Dynaudios...especially with a 24db rolloff.

I know I can! But having to use the stock HU and not my IVA-D310 and PXA-H701 processor it's a little hard to dial them in. I'm truly a tweak freak when it comes to my systems, so come on Metra already.

PerfectXtreme said:
However... I still have a horrible problem with rattle in my door speakers... At low bass... "quiet" sections in songs... Can be noticed during hard bass and/or louder sections of songs but its more difficult.....

i had this problem with my old grand prix. The problem for me was that the new mids were taller and were touching the door panel (i.e. when snapping the door panel back on the door it pushed against the speaker). when i took the door panel off there was no distortion. I had to change back the the factory door speakers.

this may or may not be the problem for you.

I experimented with taking off the door panel yesterday (man, was that scary for a first timer. :) ), and saw something that might help. IF the weather holds up today (been raining for days), I'm gonna try it and I'll post if it works.

-K

Well I had the entire system installed by a "pro" so If I have any trouble I can have them fix it for free...

I still have to return and have my iPod screen moved somewhere else.. haven't decided where yet... I'm considering the middle of the 3 vents... blocking it off.. and putting the screen there... would stick out pretty badly however... def wouldn't look stock anymore =(

Back