Burning rubber smell?

Loose

:
CX-9/Mazdaspeed 3
Burning rubber smell. My MS3 is 2 weeks old and I have this burning rubber smell when the car is running even for a short period. Call the dealer and they said "Oh, that's adhesive and it will burn off" It's been a week and no change. What concerned me is that I didn't smell it at all the first week.

Anyone else with this problem?

everyone has the same issue, it took at least 2k miles before it went away on my ms3. It was toxic in the first couple hundred of miles and it really stunk up my garage.

dread said:
everyone has the same issue, it took at least 2k miles before it went away on my ms3. It was toxic in the first couple hundred of miles and it really stunk up my garage.
THANK GOD! I was thinking it was something bad!

Thanx Dread!

Ok Loose, we all know its the burnouts that cause the problem...Doing something your not suppose to be doing huh...

No seriously, this smell is concerning. I will admit, the first day I could smell it was the 5th day I had it which made me think something was wrong. I figured that if it was from Adhesive that it would have smelled from day one. I searched the forum and noted some other people had similar problems.

I have an Appt. with the dealer in the A.M. and we'll see what they say.

Loose said:
No seriously, this smell is concerning. I will admit, the first day I could smell it was the 5th day I had it which made me think something was wrong. I figured that if it was from Adhesive that it would have smelled from day one. I searched the forum and noted some other people had similar problems.

I have an Appt. with the dealer in the A.M. and we'll see what they say.
I was told it was the adhesive. Origionally Im was asked if I was "hot-dogging" my car. I was like WTF. I asked if they found signs of that and they said "no." I asked why the asked that and the told me they thought it was the clutch at first.

Back