Burning music files to USB

Daved59

:
2016 Mazda CX5 GT
Hello all,

I would like to burn music to a USB drive and I am not sure what format to use for the best quality. Is there really much of a difference as far as quality goes. I know some formats require more space but that's not an issue on an 8 or 16 gig drive.
Also, does anyone leave their USB drive plugged in all the time and not have a problem ?

Thanks

mine are all mp3, 128 or 256 kbps
better quality should give you better sound generally
otherwise just turn volume up LOL

no issues here with usb left plugged in - shuffle works fine, resumes where left off, etc
but i don't use folders, just dump them all on it
just make sure file properties are filled in - ie title etc - usually are, depends on where they are downloaded or ripped from

Hello all,

I would like to burn music to a USB drive and I am not sure what format to use for the best quality. Is there really much of a difference as far as quality goes. I know some formats require more space but that's not an issue on an 8 or 16 gig drive.
Also, does anyone leave their USB drive plugged in all the time and not have a problem ?

Thanks

The easiest (handiest) will be MP3, because most computers will have audio software that will rip a CD to MP3. Plus, you can easily buy or download MP3s from all over the interwebs. MP3 is inherently a poor quality format because of the heavy compression and information loss, but most audible effects go away at 320 kbps (the stereo image is non-existent, though). CDs are 1411 kbps, for reference, and not compressed or lossy. DVD-Audio, the gold standard of digital audio with sound quality equal to vinyl, is 9216k. Wav files are a common, pretty good uncompressed, non-lossy format, but there are others.

http://lifehacker.com/5927052/whats...hese-audio-formats-and-which-one-should-i-use

+1 ColtX-5 and a very good link. To the OP, I leave one or two USB's plugged in all the time and have never had a problem.

Back